LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Second Chances

Is Getting Back Together After a Nasty Break and Moving Away Possible?

Second Chances Called it off but doubting the decision now? Someone wants you back? Let us know about it!

Old 9th November 2017, 10:00 PM   #1

Unhappy Is Getting Back Together After a Nasty Break and Moving Away Possible?

Hey all! I was looking for advice on my current situation. My (ex)boyfriend and I have had a really messy break up and in the heat of an argument he told me to move back home with my family. And I did. Our breakup started three weeks ago with a break, but I didn't take it very well and had a nervous breakdown because of it and how cruelly he was treating me. I was originally supposed to move out of our apartment but ended up leaving town when we got into a huge explosive fight. The whole thing started because he was pulling away all summer because of his new job promotion, so I suspected he was betraying me behind my back because of the distance. Then I found he had and couldn't let it go and kept arguing about it. Then he started deleting texts from a new coworker of his, claiming it was nothing besides not wanting his phone to be cluttered. Then he said he'd stop talking to her, but hadn't. So I thought he was cheating, even though he kept assuring me he wasn't. He admitted he ****ed up majorly by deleting their messages and other other fine tooth details of our relationship and he was sorry and he cried a few times, especially when I left. Through the end of it he was cold and kind of mean but yet seemed sorry about everything and he didn't want to do it. He said that my key and my dog would be there when I got back. He cried when he said it'd only be a temporary move. We got into a fight because I broke the no contact rule not even a day after I left but have been good about it since. But now I see that I can't see his friends on Facebook, he took the life event of our one year anniversary and hid his age on his Facebook but he hasn't unfriended me. Is he just being spiteful because of all of the fighting or is it over? Can we fix things even though I've moved? Is it possible to recover a relationship after a nervous breakdown?? Help! Oh it's only been a few days since I left. We've only been broken up for a little under a week, excluding the break.
FreeFromBurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 9:16 AM   #2
Established Member

There is not much to fix. This relationship was in shambles before you formally ended it. He spent all summer pulling away due to his new job. Whatever was going on between him & his co-worker was not healthy for your relationship. He's being cold because he's emotionally done. The crying is an acknowledgement that something that was once precious to him -- your relationship -- is now over. That is a loss but it's not evidence that he wants to continue your relationship. He hid his friends list from you because this co-worker whose texts he hid from you is now his friend. He's moving forward so you must too.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 2:07 PM   #3
Established Member

A relationship can be repaired only if both people are fully invested in fixing it regardless of location.
springy is offline   Reply With Quote