Falling Out Of Love And Renewing Love

Do you ever really 'fall out of love with someone'? Unless there are real negative feelings, isn't there still a hint of love left in your heart?

And is it possible to renew the love you once had for someone?

Absolutely people fall out of love with people. It most often happens, I suspect, when the people they fell in love with didn't really exist; by dint of deception on the part of the object of affection or just because the faller didn't *really* know the individual to be fallen for.

And even if you have fallen in love with someone, that person can mistreat you so badly that s/he can kill off all vestiges of love you ever had for him or her.

Can you renew love? Maybe, if it hasn't been lost because of one of the above situations. Maybe if someone just thought they got 'bored'. But both people have to work at it for that to happen.

I am on the side of the table, trying to realize that my behavior was what led to my partner falling out of love with me. I pushed and pushed, and now he is gone. I have to say though, looking in the mirror can be the hardest part.

LucreziaBorgia

Agreed with Moimeme, for sure.

Originally posted by moonglow

Do you ever really 'fall out of love with someone'?

Yes. In a four year relationship. It was a long, slow slide down. It was painful to deal with - having a broken heart is hard, but causing one for someone else is harder to deal with, IMO. If I had it to do over, I would have ended it as soon as I started feeling that way instead of letting it drag out.

Unless there are real negative feelings, isn't there still a hint of love left in your heart?

Nostalgia? Maybe. Sadness at losing what we had? Sure. Love, no. Once that was gone, it was gone. If there was any at all left, it was only because the person didn't try to keep me when I was ready to go. When that happens, and you want nothing from that person but to be let go and left alone - then whatever love was left dies quickly, and turns to anger in an attempt to force them to let you go.

And is it possible to renew the love you once had for someone?

It depends on if there was any left when you ended the relationship - it is possible to still love someone but not be able to deal with the relationship you have with them and in that case, it can be worked on. If you do not have any love left for the person - to the point where you literally dislike them, you pretty much just consider the relationship over and you don't want to ever, ever revisit it - much less 'work on bringing back the love'. The very thought of that with any of my exes makes me feel slightly ill. :sick: