Fwb or working on getting back? Is he into me

I just started dating a guy from the past. We live 2 hours away from one another so he comes to town every other weekend because he owns a company and works a lot. Last week he was here it got real weird he begged me to tell him I loved him during sex but I couldn't I told him we were friends and he replied friends don't kiss. I only said that because when we first saw each other he said I'm glad we can be friends again . Then blurted out how much he cared for me in front of my family and his friends the next day. He keeps telling me he's ready for a relationship (never saying with me) he even drove to my mom house and told here he wants a son and a girlfriend but I have a lot going on right now. Which leaves me confused. What are we doing exactly? When he's home he only calls or text sometimes when we use to date it use to be everyday however he does respond every time I contact him . Does he like me or am I just someone around until he finds his girl?

At best it's unclear. You need to get him to talk about his expectations & desired fully clothed.

Tell him you noticed the difference between then & now. That you're confused by what he's doing & saying. Also be vulnerable & tell him you are scared that he's going to call things off again.

If whatever broke you apart in the 1st place hasn't been addressed don't even try reconciliation. You will just be back where you were.