Trying to get back with ex, her friends might be a Cblock

I posted on here 2 weeks about an estranged ex I had no contact for 9 months that I decided to contact since I still thought about her and wondered if it was mutual and if she was scared to contact me since I told her not to... Despite some advice on here I contacted her when I explained the situation to a guy and women friend of mine in more detail.

I texted her I was thinking of her and missed her and after playing the waiting game she responded back that it was great to hear from me, she thought of me often and wanted to text me before but didn't know of it would be cool. This was on a Friday night and we immediately went back to our texts of 500-700 characters like we did before and during our dating and the following day was no different as we caught up a bit and talked about what we were up to.

During the 2nd day one of my texts went straight to read so clearly she was either looking at them dissecting it or copy or screen shooting for advice... problem is any advice she would be getting comes from people I'm pretty sure didn't like me and were a part of our break up. So since the first 2 days of heavy texting she only texted me back once that following day and took her 2 days to respond back again (tues and Thursday) I texted her the following morning but since then it's been 4 days without a reply.

I don't want to get into the details of why we broke up but a lot of it had to do with us having 2 completely different groups of friends. Ironically she really had more in common with my guy friends than she did her own group and got along with all of them great. Her friends on the other hand I only met a handful of times they were nice but also all friends from her yoga practice that were ultra liberal types (she wasn't really and even told me she kept things and thoughts from them she knew would turn them off to her) and she tried her best to fit in with them. She also during the time we dated lost friends due to her not being on board with Hillary.

When we broke up we both admitted that we know we couldn't find anyone to replace each other. She said she was scared and confused about things and realized she might not find anyone again at her age (36) She was also scared of losing all her friends who she just recently became friendly with about a year or so before meeting me since she was in a relationship before for 7 years in a new city and after the ended she had nobody.

Has anybody else managed to get through this barrier?. We both have no common friends so there is no way I could happen to run into her even though we live in the same city half a mile away. I realize telling her that her friends are the problem won't get me anywhere through text. I'd rather talk to her in person but being that's not possible I'd try to call her but we were both never ones to talk on the phone much in the 16 months we knew each other.

Texting is a lousy way to communicate feelings. You have no context or subtext. All non verbal communication is lost.

IMO you can't rebuild a relationship through text.

As for the friends: when 1 friend doesn't like a SO, it's a personality conflict. When everybody in your circle doesn't like a SO, there is something wrong with the SO. Visa-vie her friends, where are you on that spectrum.

If everything that broke you apart has been resolved, trying to reconcile is fine. If those issues are still there, what is the point?

Make a plan to meet. Real talk. Allow yourself to be vulnerable.

If you can't do that, stop bothering this women.

• Like 1