My girlfriend broke up with me because I hurt her

Me and my ex-girlfriend had a relationship lasting 2 two months everything was very good until a few weeks ago when I started having a bad mood a few times and I didnt tell her why because its related to her so we talked about me telling her whats wrong and I did but still there were thing that i couldnt say because I wanted this to come from her things like that I want her to hug me and kiss me more.

So four days ago when we went out with our friends after a while i just started to lie down because i was kinda depressed for no reason but she thiught i wasnt telling her the reason so i started to look for reason why im depressed because i thought that maybe i dont why im depressed so after i thought a little bit i found a few reasons and then after i walked her home i called her friend for a cigarette and when we smoked together we sarted talking and i told her about what happened and told her the reasons(they were untrue btw) and she told my ex girlfriend

so after 2 days she broke up with me telling me that she is cutting herself and that she is depressed because of because i dont tell her what bothers me and that she worries about me and that kills her because she thinks she cant help me but when she broke up with me she just sayed it and didnt want to hear what i have to say so now im going crazy because of that even tho when we were in a relationship and she as depressed because of her depression for no reason i believed her that there was no reason and just took her aside and hugged her and cheered her up.

so after all of this I still try talking to her and today when we went out with our friend she told my friend that she loves me but wont give me a chance because i hurt her but after the breakup her condition is very bad today she said when she was drunk that she drinks because she wants to kill herself and it kills me. because I know that with we were still together I could make her fell better.

I want her back very badly becasue I love her and we had something very special how do I get her to give me another chance?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
paragraphs ~T

This was incredibly hard to read. Use paragraphs & punctuation, please.

You have only known each other for 2 months. It's hard to believe that you love each other. Love takes longer than 60 days to develop.

You developed a long lasting bad mood because there were problems in the fledgling relationship. Instead of telling her what was wrong you said you were depressed but didn't know why. In your post you also said you wanted her to tell you that she wanted to hug & kiss you more. If you wanted her to hug & kiss you more you needed to tell her that. Expecting her to read your mind is unfair.

Then you had a cigarette with your EX's friend & you lied to that girl about the reasons you were depressed. You had to know everything you said was going to be reported to your then GF.

Upon hearing the bogus reasons your then GF / now EX became upset. She said she started cutting herself because she was worried about you. Cutting is a serious mental illness. It may be triggered by concern for others but that is not it's root cause. Most cutters cut so they can feel something -- anything. Seeing their blood proves to them that they are alive. Regardless of her reasons, this lady needed medical attention.

She has now started drinking & saying that she wants to kill herself. If she is truly a danger to herself call 9-11 but don't try to fix this on your own. She needs a DOCTOR.

FWIW, if you can't hold it together for a mere 2 months I think that is a sign that you are poor match & you shouldn't even try

I have no idea why you want to go back into this morass but since you do, stop lying to her. Be there for her. Talk to her. Encourage her to go into therapy.

• Like 4
Hurtingguy
This was incredibly hard to read. Use paragraphs & punctuation, please.

You have only known each other for 2 months. It's hard to believe that you love each other. Love takes longer than 60 days to develop.

You developed a long lasting bad mood because there were problems in the fledgling relationship. Instead of telling her what was wrong you said you were depressed but didn't know why. In your post you also said you wanted her to tell you that she wanted to hug & kiss you more. If you wanted her to hug & kiss you more you needed to tell her that. Expecting her to read your mind is unfair.

Then you had a cigarette with your EX's friend & you lied to that girl about the reasons you were depressed. You had to know everything you said was going to be reported to your then GF.

Upon hearing the bogus reasons your then GF / now EX became upset. She said she started cutting herself because she was worried about you. Cutting is a serious mental illness. It may be triggered by concern for others but that is not it's root cause. Most cutters cut so they can feel something -- anything. Seeing their blood proves to them that they are alive. Regardless of her reasons, this lady needed medical attention.

She has now started drinking & saying that she wants to kill herself. If she is truly a danger to herself call 9-11 but don't try to fix this on your own. She needs a

FWIW, if you can't hold it together for a mere 2 months I think that is a sign that you are poor match & you shouldn't even try

I have no idea why you want to go back into this morass but since you do, stop lying to her. Be there for her. Talk to her. Encourage her to go into therapy.

Couldn't have said it better myself...u need to listen this is the best advice you will get... 60 days is not love it's lust if anything you need to contact her family r the police she needs help before it's too late

If she's that unhappy and a cutter, that got started before you and will still be going on after you and you can't fix it.

You got sulled up because she didn't spontaneously "hug and kiss you more." What are you, 14? If you had any game, you'd just go get yourself a hug or a kiss. And getting sulled up about it and then not talking to her but talking and telling lies to a friend? Oh, yes, you are certainly not in any position to straighten this girl's problems out because you have problems of your own you need to work on.

• Like 1
What are you, 14?

Actually based on his screen name & poor writing skills I thought the OP was 17. Not much different.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Just want to tell all the commenters that we got back together after i had a girlfriend and she was depressed for 2 weeks because she couldnt get me back and so leaving this relationship wasnt the good thing to do because now its better than ever.

ExpatInItaly

This is an immature version of love.

Someone who harms themselves has serious mental health problems and needs the support of a qualified and experienced professional - not a boyfriend.

As such, this relationship won't last because emotionally unstable people cannot have emotionally stable and happy relationships. It might last for a couple more months but this has an expiration date that will arrive sooner rather than later. Given her mental instability, that will be best for both of you. She desperately needs help and relying on a boyfriend to make her pain go away won't work.

• Like 1