Question about meeting up

So me and my gf have been broken up for nearly 2 months after a, generally speaking, good relationship.

We were going to meet up a couple of days ago, but she said she had 'made plans' so was unable to make it. I was cool with that and she said we could meet up next week (now this week) and would 'let me know'. This conversation was nearly a week ago now and im still yet to here back from her?

Should i text her back and ask her? or just wait it out, as hard as it is!

advice needed! thanks

I hate to be the one to break this to you but your EX-GF does not want to meet up with you. She is saying yes & then blowing you off because she doesn't have the backbone to say no when that is what she means. She doesn't want to hurt your feelings or be confrontational so she's playing games & leading you own. Leave her alone & stop thinking you are going to meet up with her again.

Take some time to lick your wounds & heal from the end of your relationship.

• Like 1

I'm sorry Alex but the above post is correct in my view.

At best your ex is extremely ambivalent about seeing you and is going to keep this up if you let her.

Try reading the no contact guide. I think it will help.

• Like 1
So me and my gf have been broken up for nearly 2 months after a, generally speaking, good relationship.

We were going to meet up a couple of days ago, but she said she had 'made plans' so was unable to make it. I was cool with that and she said we could meet up next week (now this week) and would 'let me know'. This conversation was nearly a week ago now and im still yet to here back from her?

Should i text her back and ask her? or just wait it out, as hard as it is!

advice needed! thanks

This is called icing. Ester parrell has an excellent graph describing this. Basically means exactly what the above posters offer - she is too cowardly to end it. It almost guarantees you will resent her for stringing you along.

I tolerated this (like an idiot) for months. My ex broke plans hours before several times.

Don't be me. End it now, or you will continue to hurt until you do. This is a particularly insidious pain, as they string you along, making you think there is hope, where there is none.

• Like 1

It's an exercise in futility. She's not interested in meeting you or getting back together. The sooner you can accept those facts and stop hanging on in hope, the sooner you can begin to heal and move on with your life.

Hey Alex,

I agree with the above posters. She is not interested in meeting you. Like everyone else said, she is too cowardly to say no to you and is stringing you along.

It is advisable to stop contacting her and move on. But if you really want to try again with her, make sure you do no contact first and make some real positive changes in yourself (physically, mentally and emotionally). If you know what caused the breakup and you can address that, it will be a bonus. Unless she feels that you have really changed, she won't feel like there is a reason to meet you.

But then again, it's easier to just cut your losses and move on.