should i give him the benefit of the doubt about strip shows

me and my ex have discussed getting back together. We met three years ago and I do believe he is the love of my life, currently we are taking things slow however he has asked me to block my male friends and said he will do the same while we build up trust again. This was fine by me but then he mentioned that his friends (is a stripper) boss has asked him to do a a butler in the buff he said that he wasn't going to as he knows how he would feel if it was me getting asked to do stuff like that. However when we next saw each other we were arranging when we could next see each other and agreed for next Saturday and he said that he would like to come as he was supposed to be doing this butler in the buff, so I was like I thought you weren't going to do that and he went ' I wont jeeez' now he is saying that he will be spending a lot of time at his friends strip show called 'ladies nights' I was quite upset by this as I don't understand why he would like to go to a male strip show with hundreds of horny women, I expressed that I was upset and he just goes fine then lets not sort things out so I felt that he felt these shows were more important than repairing our relationship. then I saw that he keeps following other females on Instagram and I'm just left here feeling worthless and like iam not enough, I'm really trying to make us right but he just doesn't seem interested but says he is and he wants us to be together? am I right to be upset by this or do you think I'm being too sensitive, we have spent 7 months apart and obviously we have seperrate lives but I don't see why were trying to make it work if he's going to prioritise everything else. I'm so upset and down I have done nothing but cry because I feel like I'm not enough for him anymore and we used to be so madly in love

Anybody that needs their SO to block all opposite sex friends has no trust. Now he wants to work as a butler in the buff and go to strip clubs. Puh-lease. Plus he follows random hot women who he doesn't know on social media.

Honey, you will never "be enough" for this guy. He's very busy pretending to be a player. Don't bother trying to get back together. There is no foundation or substance here.

• Like 3
  • Author
Anybody that needs their SO to block all opposite sex friends has no trust. Now he wants to work as a butler in the buff and go to strip clubs. Puh-lease. Plus he follows random hot women who he doesn't know on social media.

Honey, you will never "be enough" for this guy. He's very busy pretending to be a player. Don't bother trying to get back together. There is no foundation or substance here.

Thankyou very much. I completely agree but apparently I'm being stupid and this behaviour is totally normal! its so hard because he never used to be like this he was all about us wanting to settle down and have a family, he would spend a lot of time with me and was more bothered about working overtime to pay for his house, I guess people change :(

He may have changed. This behavior may be his "new normal."

However, if it doesn't work for you there is no sense getting re-involved with him.

Best of luck as you disentangle from this.

• Like 1

You need to just end this for good. You two don't have the same dynamic anymore and his desires have changed.

Asking you to block all male friends on social media is extreme, particularly when he's a blatant hypocrite about it. Add to that his insistence on working ladies' night at a strip club - you have the recipe for a disaster if you stay.

Out of curiosity, how old are you both and why did you initially break up?

Sweetie, what you are describing is not the 'love of your life'. OK, perhaps you feel it is if you've never experienced better - but when you find the right guy for you, it won't be all complicated like this.

• Like 1