My reconciliation story

juniorrocha

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been around. I'm here to share my reconciliation story and to thank all of you for your kind words and help. This forums made the whole break up process much easier. Thanks.

Me and my gf got back together, now it's been about 2 months since we made it official, and 3 since we started seeing each other again. We had a 2 years relationship and were broken up for 4 months.

We broke up because of issues we had and couldn't fix. The time apart helped us getting past these issues, which are now gone. We use to fight every week, now we don't fight at all (this use to happen since the start of the relationship). Sex is better too (:p).

For those who may wonder, these 4 months were about full NC. We texted like twice, and we didn't block each other at first - I did that at about month 3 - but that was it. Other than that, no stalking and I was 100% focused on my own life: got back to the gym, was working harder on my studies/career, and planning my new life. This was very important. Also, I never begged, pleaded, or tried to get her back. I was the dumpee, but I understand why she left.

I never had in mind that we'd get back at some point. I just wanted to improve myself, work on me and get past the relationship. Then it happened.

This was very important for me, so I hope it helps someone: The longer you continue not accepting it's over, the longer it will take you to get back on your two feet and start moving on. Remember: you never know what the future holds, so you're better off getting the "move on road", cause regardless of what's coming, you're on your way to healing and only good things can come out of it. So don't waste more time waiting for someone; get up and get going with your life. If it's meant to happen, it will.

I'm happier than ever and she seems to be too. I'm looking better, I feel good with myself, I don't feel needy anymore, I got 2 jobs and I'm saving up 'cause I wanna go abroad in about 2 years. Lots of plans in my life and I'm happy I get to share them with her.

I came over here to share my story because back when I was more active, we'd rarely see these here. Reconciliations do happen, and they may work. Yeah, I don't know how long it's going to last and it's still recent. Actually, we never know how long anything ever lasts in our lives. So I'm just enjoying it all.

I hope you guys are doing well. And thanks once again for all your support. :)

• Like 3
Jersey born raised

What have you learned about being better spouses for each other. Are you a better person with her in your life? Is she a better person with you being in her life?

Long term relationships are built on many things including what I just asked. They will never last because they are easy and you don't get on each other nerves.

• Author
What have you learned about being better spouses for each other. Are you a better person with her in your life? Is she a better person with you being in her life?

Long term relationships are built on many things including what I just asked. They will never last because they are easy and you don't get on each other nerves.

Indeed. I believe we go our entire lives learning and changing, and it's no different when it comes down to relationships.

We're both very different people, but we've loved each other very much despite the differences, and always had a great time together. Eventually, at about 1 year mark in the relationship, we knew each other better and things were going much easier, but the damage done 'cause of these differences wasn't letting us breath. I can't speak for her, but time apart made the dust settle for me, and now I see that even though she's different, she does love me. We're young too and still quite immature.

She makes me happy, she tries her best to see me happy, she's always around when I need her. She takes care of me. I can see that in the littlest things. She's not perfect, but I'm not either. And I understand that now.

I suppose if I have nothing to complain about, and she doesn't either, and we're happy together, shouldn't that be enough?