Is this a good sign?

Gloria25

Well, after endless badgering I finally heard from 26yr old dude.

He pretty much was responding to my great news and briefly let me know he was still here (see, I thought I saw his car the other day) and that he's been busy working and looking for work...

But that's about it :(

I was so waiting for him to say he missed me too and shoot, I was hoping he'd be like 'Hey, what's goin' on tonite?' But no...

But oh well, I guess all I can do is just chalk it up to a polite response to my good news :/

I'm still on probation. I guess I have no choice but to not bother/pressure him.

• Author

Well, gosh, I couldn't/can't resist dude and here we are..:o

I don't know, it was a mixture of pleasure/pain, but was so excited when he worked his skills on me, but I don't know, don't feel he was connecting intimately with me..But, then again, I was kinda scared to really kiss, touch, and hold him like I used to. I mean, I kinda started holding his hand and pulled back cuz I don't know...

So, I told him I don't know what to say cuz felt awkward...

So, I guess I'll just play it by ear and see...for all I know he still may not be staying here or whatever. I also don't wanna pressure him by getting all clingy and weird. :eek: But geesh, I wish I could curl up (in this cozy weather) with him and enjoy him a bit more...hopefully that opportunity will come :)

Edited by Gloria25

You don't need us to tell you that a much younger guy who disappears and reppears only for sex is mot a good sign. You can't expect anything of him, especially not spending more time together later. Drop this one unless you're content to be just one of several in his rotation.

• Like 1
  • Author
You don't need us to tell you that a much younger guy who disappears and reppears only for sex is mot a good sign. You can't expect anything of him, especially not spending more time together later. Drop this one unless you're content to be just one of several in his rotation.

I agree...

I've been pondering this for the past few days. I feel like I'm one of several that he's rotating.

I just don't get why he won't lay his cards on the table and just say that's what's going on.

So, I don't know. I'm not really thinking much about it for now. I got my mind busy and figure I might just keep my dating options open cuz he's not even a consistent FWB. He's just in/out whenever. I need more than that, even if I'm not looking for the whole "white picket fence" deal. I saw more of my 42 yr old FWB (which was like once a week) than this younger guy and 42 yr old FWB was married...so, even though he was married, I saw more of him...go figure.

I agree...

I've been pondering this for the past few days. I feel like I'm one of several that he's rotating.

I just don't get why he won't lay his cards on the table and just say that's what's going on.

So, I don't know. I'm not really thinking much about it for now. I got my mind busy and figure I might just keep my dating options open cuz he's not even a consistent FWB. He's just in/out whenever. I need more than that, even if I'm not looking for the whole "white picket fence" deal. I saw more of my 42 yr old FWB (which was like once a week) than this younger guy and 42 yr old FWB was married...so, even though he was married, I saw more of him...go figure.

He's your FWB, not your boyfriend. It's none of your business who else he's sleeping with, just as your other sex partners aren't any of his. The entire point of a FWB relationship is that it's easy sex with no strings or obligations attached. If you want someone to spend time with you, why not just get a boyfriend?

• Author
He's your FWB, not your boyfriend. It's none of your business who else he's sleeping with, just as your other sex partners aren't any of his. The entire point of a FWB relationship is that it's easy sex with no strings or obligations attached. If you want someone to spend time with you, why not just get a boyfriend?

Well, my FWB before him, 42yr old guy, and I would go out to eat, sleepovers, he'd always bring me flowers, etc, and he was married. I mean, if I'm correct, FB is strictly sex and FWB means hanging out like friends?

Anywho, I'm so screwed...cuz yeah, I guess I wanna do more but he's gonna think it means more? I mean this morning and now I was just looking at the downtown area near my current job and was just imagining walking down the street with him and checking out all the nice areas. I used to go there on the weekends now/then when and wonder if he's been.

***sigh***

I'm gonna hold off on even mentioning stuff like this to him cuz it's too soon. Don't wanna get all clingy when probably he just needed to scratch an itch with me. I mean, I wanted to ask more about his job, him, the vehicle he's working on getting, but scared I'm gonna scare him away again.

I mean, before the break up, he did mention wanting to do sleepovers and have more time with me, so I thought he was ok with doing stuff outside of the bedroom...now, I don't know.

So, eh, just gonna chill and see if we'll see each other again and give it some time to see if/where it goes.

From what I can tell, you seem to have a habit of choosing unavailable men, and I wonder why that is. I had the same problem but didn't realize it until my last relationship ended. Have you read "Mr. Unavailable and the Fallback Girl." That opened my eyes.

I disagree with this.

I never did daring type stuff witg my FWBs, but full disclosure / honesty was expected.

No jealousy or weirdness, but if either if us were sleeping with someone else as well we would be open and honest about it.

• Like 1

Hey Gloria. A woman pursuing a man that way can't be a good sign. I appreciate being chased a bit, or just valued but if I'm not being responsive, the message is clear enough.

So you had a 26 and a 42 yo around for a while ? It makes me wonder your own age if you don't mind, even though it's probably not relevant for the discussion.

• Author
I disagree with this.

I never did daring type stuff witg my FWBs, but full disclosure / honesty was expected.

No jealousy or weirdness, but if either if us were sleeping with someone else as well we would be open and honest about it.

Yes, my 42 yr old FWB told me when he started seeing someone else and when wifey was trying to have sex with him (she rebuffed him on the regular).

Of course it kinda hurt me that he was being intimate with another, but I didn't get angry or weird either. But yes, I do agree that it sorta cooled my heels to have sex with him - even though I continued to see him. So, yes, guys aren't stupid, they prefer to lie about seeing others cuz they don't want you cooling your heels on them.

• Author
Hey Gloria. A woman pursuing a man that way can't be a good sign. I appreciate being chased a bit, or just valued but if I'm not being responsive, the message is clear enough.

So you had a 26 and a 42 yo around for a while ? It makes me wonder your own age if you don't mind, even though it's probably not relevant for the discussion.

Lol...

I'm between 38 and 40...:laugh:

And, I agree with you with the pursuing. But, I believe that I had work to do cuz how I handled things. I met him back in October last year, but put off meeting him and hitting it off for a minute. Then, after we kicked it off, I kept on talking how I was scared of the day it would be over (boy, was I a buzz kill), and I withheld enjoying myself in the bedroom cuz gosh, he is/was so good that I was afraid to let go and just enjoy him cuz I didn't wanna get hooked. Then, when he invited me for a sleepover, I bowed out w/o telling him why and I think he took it hard. Then, I gave him a verbal tongue lashing on more than one occasion...

So, I feel like I'm on probation and have to work my way back into his good graces.

I mean, by no means do I think he wants to marry me or anything serious like that. But I think he liked hanging with me and I was so hot/cold/Krazy that he had to run for the hills :(

• Like 1