I love her so much, but I have no clue how to handle this...

Lovethyself16

Lovethyself16

I have this incredible connection with my ex girlfriend. We got involved when she had just ended a 5 year relationship and it was just bad timing. We had a lot of insecurity and other issues... We took space. She started seeing someone and then we kind of resurfaced and tried again with the same result. We then actually broke up but we never wanted to disconnect. Then, I dated someone else a few months later and realize that I just hadn't really processed my feelings for my ex and they came back really strong. Luckily, the girl I was dating was also unavailable so no one got hurt when we ended it. Then, my ex and I resurfaced AGAIN only SHE had met someone else. Her relationship is very new but as soon as we started talking about getting back together now that time has passed and we have both had time to grow and heal, she suddenly was questioning her relationship with her new person... BUT, because she didn't trust that we wouldn't break up again, she hasn't wanted to stop dating the new person. She tells me she is in love with me and "let's get married" but she has still been having an emotional relationship with the other woman... Not that I would marry her at this point OBVIOUSLY! What a mess!

We also have recently slept together twice and it was some of the most amazing sex of my life. And STILL, she is confused and doesn't want to drop this other person...

Man, I'm sad that this has all transpired but I have stopped contact...

I just don't get someone that says how much she loves and adores me and can't imagine her life without me (and I KNOW she is being honest) but wants to keep someone else as a possibility... Just boggles my mind. Any thoughts? Oh, and her new person has no idea that she and I are even really in touch let alone have slept together. She hasn't told her anything.

ExpatInItaly

She says she loves you while seeing someone else because her definition of love is a shallow one. It's not love as you understand it; she's operating on a much more superficial level.

Clearly, her actions don't support her words.

• Like 3
JoeSmith357-1
We also have recently slept together twice and it was some of the most amazing sex of my life. And STILL, she is confused and doesn't want to drop this other person...

I'm not going to just glance past this. She's in a relationship and cheated on that person with you

• Like 1

Stop living in the past, especially with a cheater.

She isn't worth it and you wouldn't trust her if you got back with her. Do better for yourself. Clean up your act and move on.