should i say yes?

My ex and I broke up over 2 years ago. It was a long distance 9 month relationship. After the relationship ended, I spent the next year and half focusing on myself. Learning, healing, growing, figuring out my life.

Last year in January, he broke the ice and we started talking occasionally. Our conversations were always short and polite. Few months after in April, I decided to move 6000km across the ocean to another country.

Almost exactly a year after my move, he reached out again. Conversations are still short, polite and occasional, and I thought that perhaps we can be friends. Long distance friends, anyway.

When we were LDR and decided on who flies out to see who, he would always cancel the trip. I would be left hurt and disappointed over and over again.

Recently, he asked me whether I want him to come visit. I tried to remain on neutral ground and said that he wants to visit the city I'm in, let me know and we'll see if our schedules would align to catch up in person.

2 weeks later, he asked if I "actually want [him] to come visit".

I have moved on since he and I ended. While it would be nice to catch up, a part of me hesitate to answer yes to his question as I don't know his intention...

• Like 1

I'd say Not on your Nelly.

If he was the one you'd still be together.

You have moved on, there may not be anyone on your radar at the moment, that doesn't suggest you should take a backward step, keep moving on.

He sucks.

• Like 1
hippychick3

Just say no.

Why put yourself in the position of getting hurt again? History has shown that is exactly what will happen. It's not worth the inevitable setback.

• Like 1
Lois_Griffin

How many times has he disrespected you in the past?

Why would you even consider giving him the opportunity to do it yet again?

• Like 2

After all these disappointments, it is a wonder you even entertain continuing talking with him...

Isn't it about time to fully move on and just let him go completely?

• Like 2

Just say no. What's the point of it. Your far away and can meet other guys without the bad memories.

• Like 1

He sounds like a total waste of time.

It wouldn't be hard to find someone better, so why waste your time on him?

Take care.

Say Yes.

He is not giving you a marriage proposal, only a hello. The problem with you 2 seems to be the distance. This may still be the case, but if the guy is decent, enjoy the evening and if everything goes great, ask him to look you up if he moves local.

You probaly want to, thats why you posted. You can handle it.

Edit...tell him if he cancels again for any reason, loose ALL of your info.

Edited by 66Charger
Say Yes.

He is not giving you a marriage proposal, only a hello. The problem with you 2 seems to be the distance. This may still be the case, but if the guy is decent, enjoy the evening and if everything goes great, ask him to look you up if he moves local.

You probaly want to, thats why you posted. You can handle it.

Couldnt agree more with the charger.. :)

Set your boundaries and your standards. Can he meet them? Can he man up? Can he do what men do when they really love a girl?

He screwed up, now he has to work hard if he wants to gain back your trust..

It seems you still have strong feelings, right..? :confused: