Anyone ever been taken back or took back for a 3rd chance?

jakejackson88

jakejackson88

Just wondering if anyone out there has been in a relationship, broken up and got back together more than once? Did it work? Me and my ex were together for 4 years, broke up once at the 2 year point. For 2 months we didn't talk, she dated another guy and I dated a few different women. She seemed like she was gone forever (she even caught me driving by her house one night) however we ended up getting back together. This last time, things were perfect in the beginning however in the last 6 months she said it became "rocky" and broke up with me again. I had not appreciated her enough and she felt I was only staying with her because I was scared to be alone (not true). Now it has been 2 months and she has not reached out to me, however she has not blocked or deleted me off FB, she still will reply very nicely to any text I send her (I don't send her many), however other than that I get no calls or texts. I am working on making myself a better man for myself not for her even though I would love another chance. So has anyone out there ever taken an ex back or been taken back for a third chance? The issues were never cheating, abuse, stealing or anything of the type. Just not giving her the attention she deserved.

Edited by jakejackson88

Maybe it's more than just not giving her the attention she deserves. Likely more to it than just that reasoning. Sounds like you're more invested than she is and feeling you should be shouldering the blame.

In any case, you didn't learn the first time, the second time so I'm not sure why the third would be different. In any case, people that keep breaking up and reconciling often repeat the same patterns failing to accept that it's broken.

• Like 3