Yes or No? and the future.

I was dating a girl for about 2 months until we broke up about 3 weeks ago. It was the best kind of breakup. No fighting etc.. We just both agreed that our situation wasn't condusive to the relationship. We've been in contact sparingly since then.

I was moving jobs to another town for about 6 months. I still like her. I don't plan on dating anyone for the next 6 months but I do plan on asking her out again after 6 months when I'm back. My question is should I tell my intentions now or just wait it out?

Reasons for breakup

- I was moving town

- Not enough time together

- We lost the spark because I was moving

privategal

You dont know what 6 months can bring. Id make a fresh start and go nc and see what the universe has in store.

If its right..she will be yours again but you cant grow now and become a better version of yourself to bring to the relationship if you dont take this break.

Dont let missing her (doesnt mean a person is a good fit) make you reach out, or you ego telling you that you might lose her (then it wasnt meant to be)

Trust that time will do its thing.

If you 'love' her this break could do wonders for you both.

Focus on you right now and this exciting venture. Whats meant to be will be if you allow time and space.

deadparrot

This is the kind of thing you need to talk to her about. Those may be the reasons the breakup ended in your mind, but she may legitimately think that the relationship has run its course and doesn't see reconciliation in your future. I'd broach the subject, say, "Hey, I know it didn't work out the first time around--I apologize; I have a lot going on with this move. That said, I really enjoyed time with you and once I'm back in town permanently, I was wondering if you'd be interested in trying again?"

Even if she's on board with that, I wouldn't bank on it being a done deal. Six months is a long time, and a lot could change. You could meet someone (even if you're not looking). She could meet someone. You could be out of the area longer than you could expect. She might get transferred out of the area. One or both of your feelings might change/cool after half a year with little to no contact.

So, if you're curious, you can certainly broach the subject, but regardless of the answer, don't close yourself off to other opportunities/possibilities.