I need suggestions

Ben123325

So I am currently a senior this year in high school. I have been dating a girl for 5 years on and off and I love her to death. Just a month ago we have broken up because of drama around school and she got fed up with it. Well a few weeks passed and we had no contact. One day out of the blue she contacted me and we talked and made the decision to get back together which I was greatful for. Before the breakup we were literally best friends, we did everything together, put eachother first, and everything was perfect. A few days after the reconnection she started to be really cold toward me, not replying to texts for hours if at all, blowing me off for her friends, not wanting to hang our being "too busy", and when we do hang out she seems to not be into it almost like she doesn't want to be there. I have said a few things to her about it but then she just gets mad and it makes things worse. I just don't know what to do or where to turn. It hurts me to see the way she's acting now when we were so perfect before. If anybody has any suggestions to why she is acting like this or what I should do please help me out because I'm completely lost. She means everything to me so I would rather keep her mine but if I have to end it then I understand that too.

I went through the something similar for the past year when I was a hs senior (college student now) and she eventually broke up with me last month, and I've been in NC since. It kinda shocked me to see someone going through something so similar to me lol

Looking back at it, I don't think I gave her enough time and space, because I thought that overwhelming her with love would win her back and have our relationship back to normal, but it did the opposite and make her realize that I was too clingy and relying on her too much for my own happiness. Not sure if this will apply to you, but I was stuck in that spot where the relationship wasn't working and any attempt I tried to fix it would just get her mad and have her basically threaten me with: Do you want to breakup then? It's a really bad spot to be in...

And judging from the way you said she was acting by being cold to you, I would imagine she has breaking up on her mind. I know when my ex was being cold to me like that, I told myself that it would pass but looking back at it now, she was just emotionally checking herself out of the relationship. I honestly don't know what you could do at this point lol

Edited by Vincenator
  • Author

I'm thinking about breaking up with her and going back into no contact and see where that takes me because right now nothing is working. It's amazing how much she changed since the break up. It's like when I walk up to talk to her I see the person I love so much and when we start talking all those feelings disappear because it's like she's a completely different person

I'm thinking about breaking up with her and going back into no contact and see where that takes me because right now nothing is working. It's amazing how much she changed since the break up. It's like when I walk up to talk to her I see the person I love so much and when we start talking all those feelings disappear because it's like she's a completely different person

Yeah... it hurts a lot. It was the same for me. My ex was such a wonderful person in the beginning, but towards the end she became a lot different. It really is true what people say... people change a lot between hs and college, and college is approaching soon for you (and her I think?). And yeah it's good to see that she isn't meeting your needs for your side of the relationship. NC really is the only way, which is what I realized. Only time will tell what will happen in the future, but take NC as time for yourself to grow and improve. That's what I'm doing anyways and it has helped me a lot.

• Author

Well thanks for the help man. I hope everything goes well with you and your ex! It's nice to see someone who is in the same boat as me but it also sucks because I know how bad it And I feel for ya!

• Like 1

Talk to her. Remind her it's Valentine's week & ask her what's going on with her. Actually listen when she talks to you.

Try something cutsy like a small bear or a single rose. Do not spend tons of money.