Should I listen to my friends or my heart

Ventingsession

Ventingsession

I left my ex about 2 weeks ago for this person I liked, while I was with this person the only thing that was on my mind was my ex. Even though me and my ex had a lot of ups and downs (like every relationship) we mange thru them and our love just grew stronger. So while I have been hanging out with the person I like my ex has been on my mind non stop. So 4 days ago I dropped the person I like and went back to my ex. I swear those 2 days I spent with my ex made me the happiest I've been, but all my friends hate my ex :( and they constantly tell me to leave my ex alone. I even told them this is where my heart is. Told me and my ex had plans but I ditched him for the guy I like, just because my friends are nagging non stop in my ear. It's leaving me confused and lost. Those two days I stayed with my ex and he held me the entire night and it felt like home. Now I just don't know.

I left my ex about 2 weeks ago

for this person I liked, while I was with this person the only thing that was on my mind was my ex. Even though me and my ex had a lot of ups and downs (like every relationship) we mange thru them and our love just grew stronger. So while I have been hanging out with the person I like my ex has been on my mind non stop.

So 4 days ago I dropped the person I like and went back to my ex.

I swear those 2 days I spent with my ex made me the happiest I've been, but all my friends hate my ex :( and they constantly tell me to leave my ex alone. I even told them this is where my heart is. Told me and my ex had plans but I ditched him for the guy I like, just because my friends are nagging non stop in my ear. It's leaving me confused and lost. Those two days I stayed with my ex and he held me the entire night and it felt like home. Now I just don't know.

A few things that stood out:

Why do your friends hate your ex?

Why did you go with the other person?

Is there something that your ex does that is objectionable? Or that would give people that care about your pause?

Is there any reason that your friends would be off the mark?

Without details these are pretty pivotal questions; your ex may be a decent human being and your friends may be intolerant jerks. Your friends may be good people that have your back and your ex is an a-hole. Only you can know for sure if one of them has more credibility than the other.

Also, it seems unfair to both your ex and the new person that you're so capricious and jumping into and out of relationships so quickly.

If it was 1 friend who didn't like your ex then you could still date him and I wouldn't be concerned. However when a bunch of your friends are telling you that your ex or the guy you're with is awful and they don't like him. Odds are they are able to see what you can't because you're too blind by your toxic attraction.

Your friends are your friends because you get along with them and enjoy their company and you understand one another and like the same things for the most part right? So wouldn't that lead you to believe that they're telling you what's best for you and hoping you value them enough to listen? Also, knowing your friends dislike your ex will make you not bring your ex around them if you get back together with him. This means you will see your friends less and your BF and social life will separate until eventually you've lost your friends because you ditched them for this guy.... And then a year from now when you realize he is an ******* and your friends were right and end up breaking up with him, it's too late to get your friends back because you've been a ghost for a year and basically dropped them for this guy who they knew would end poorly yet you didn't care enough to listen.

Listen to your friends. You're drawn to your ex for all the wrong reasons. There's a good reason why your friends don't like him and want you with him. Suck it up and leave him for good.