how many times to keep trying

reneeam4

I have caught my husband cheating or trying to cheat and when i do he always lies about it i have found proof and he still sticks to his lie well its was three times in one year i have moved out but now he says he wants to work it out he has also said this before but i have caught him in another lie not about cheating but other stuff am i just stupid for wanting to believe him when i find he lies again and again we have been together for 25 years should i just move on somehow

I have caught my husband cheating or trying to cheat and when i do he always lies about it i have found proof and he still sticks to his lie well its was three times in one year i have moved out but now he says he wants to work it out he has also said this before but i have caught him in another lie not about cheating but other stuff am i just stupid for wanting to believe him when i find he lies again and again we have been together for 25 years should i just move on somehow

25 years is a long time, hard to lose someone who has been with you your whole adult life. But I don't think I could go back to someone who had disrespected me so much, especially since you have left the situation already. Of course this is your decision, but one thing is certain, there would have to be much work on his part in order to even try to regain any sort of trust again. Most people never get that back. And if he just wants you to go back and have things be the same before... I think it is a mistake. It would just be more of the same.

I'm in the same boat. Not married as long, but he's been caught, and I came back. The trust is gone. Even when you think it's back, there will always be something to make you question him. His phone going off, etc. it's exhausting. Listen to your gut, I truely believe in "once a cheater, always a cheater".