Why is he back?

misadventures79

misadventures79

I was separated from my husband and started hooking up with someone on and off for 3 years. It was very casual and we didn't always live in the same city. When it ended it seemed very final however he recently contacted me (4 years later) he was in town and wanted to see me. I didn't see him but he then again contacted to see me again a couple of months later. Confused on why he came back after so long, is it only sexual in nature or could it he wants something more?

I was separated from my husband and started hooking up with someone on and off for 3 years. It was very casual and we didn't always live in the same city. When it ended it seemed very final however he recently contacted me (4 years later) he was in town and wanted to see me. I didn't see him but he then again contacted to see me again a couple of months later. Confused on why he came back after so long, is it only sexual in nature or could it he wants something more?

Why would you think it's more than that? You admit you two just hooked up casually and that was it and it ended. I'd be pretty sure he was looking to hook up again. Did you feel more for this guy than that?

• Author
misadventures79

To answer Q1 I guess because it went on for so long and then so much time passed to try to spark up again. Q2 Never really thought about it till now. Possibly but I wouldn't tell him especially if it's not mutual.

• Author
misadventures79
Why would you think it's more than that? You admit you two just hooked up casually and that was it and it ended. I'd be pretty sure he was looking to hook up again. Did you feel more for this guy than that?

To answer Q1 I guess because it went on for so long and then so much time passed to try to spark up again. Q2 Never really thought about it till now. Possibly but I wouldn't tell him especially if it's not mutual.

If you are all right with just doing what you two did before, then just proceed with seeing him, but if you want more and sense you may have feelings for him, then you should discuss it with him so you don't end up getting hurt. It's best to make sure you are both on the same page because a FWB thing where one has feelings and the other doesn't will not work.