I'm lost

PillowJam

So, a year ago I met a girl in the University. I am a shy guy but we went to the same lectures, so we started talking. I found out she was a lot like me, we had same interests, etc, etc. I could feel she was into me. And I was into her. And finally we went on our first date. Then we went on the second one. And then I kept asking her out, but she would always say no. I did not really understand what's happening, so I asked her about it. She said that I wasn't giving her enough attention. So, I just said "Ok, it's fine". I didn't want to make lame excuses or try to prove her wrong. And I thought that was it, I thought it was the end. But...

A few days later, she texted me. She just wanted to chat. So we texted each other. And slowly we became very good friends. And, surprisingly, we went out again (not like on a date, but, you know, like friends hanging out). I even got a permission to paint her portrait, which she didn't let me do when she was my girlfriend (if going on two dates with same girl counts as having a girlfriend).

I consider her my soul mate, because chemistry between us is amazing. I haven't felt this with anyone else. But the more we talked, the more I felt like she is the ideal girl for me. And I don't have clear opinion on what, for me, ideal girl should be like. Don't get me wrong, I liked her since the day we met, but now I'm CONSTANTLY thinking about her. I have a huge crush on her and I'm wondering, should I ask her on a date again? Maybe I should reveal my feelings to her?

She would sometimes text me out of blue and say "I just wanted you to know that you are amazing". There was one time when she said that I am the sweetest, the most amazing, the most caring guy she has ever known. I get why she would do that - you see, I always help her with anything she has problems with. Sometimes I even put aside my own problems and help her. But I don't understand this: does she like me as a man, or does she like me only as a friend? I'm not sure if revealing my feelings is ok in this particular scenario as it might ruin our friendship. Or maybe those spontanious texts are her way of showing that she likes me and wants me to take her out.

I'm lost.

Thanks.

invite her to lunch. Your treat. Remember, your treat.

Tell her you're interested. Ask her for her thoughts.

if its not in the cards at least you'll know.

Most people do not have esp.

Hope it works out for you.

Pillow, Welcome to the boards! we look forward to your contribution here.

when I am lost, I use my GPS tracker or a compass. And sometimes I stop and ask for directions.

Sounds like you would like us to make a blind opinion without knowing the persons involved. Can you perhaps rely on your own good sense of judgment? I'm sure you know what to do, and we are here to support that decision.