Dumpers perspective

I wanted to share this with all of you!

My breakup happened over four months ago, he walked out on me. But I have a friend who left her bf of six years last December and I hang out with her all the time now and know how they really think.

She did leave him for another guy but her and the new guy are doing long distance now. She is now partying and drinking a lot everyday, she left her ex because she felt like she didn't get to experience other guys or life in general. She's been dating around and sleeping around too. Nothing serious though, no long term bf yet except for the one that she is doing long distance with. She thinks she will end up marrying that guy since he is a family friend etc. She is just having fun in the moment drinking and partying.

She said that she still thinks about the ex every once in awhile but she would never get back with him. At one point they didn't speak for three months and she sent him the first message just asking him how he was doing. He replied and now they are friends according to her. They live in different states now so there's no way they could get back together especially since she doesn't want to.

I heard the guy was depressed for a very very long time and still wants a closure from her since she broke it off through FaceTime while she was in another country.

My point is - to all of you dumpees out there, every relationship and person involved is different and there's no guarantee that they will come back. So let go of your hope and start living your life and be happy on your own!

You can't let them ruin you, don't even give them one second of that pleasure! I know it is extremely hard to act on it believe me I still get my bad days but I would think about what he did to me and how he does not get to make me depressed! Life is short and precious as it is we can not let one person take away our limited time in this world. Most of the reason we are so hang up on them is because of what we invested in them and how they are the ones who left us! Also the attachment we've developed towards them, I believe that attachment can be rebuilt with another person if we allow ourselves to!

I believe there is always someone better just around the corner! I do not believe in second chances as he did it to me twice! He left me the first time wanting to experience more girls and even though he made up some bull**** excuse the second time I know for a fact that is the same reason why he left. He does not deserve my heart or my time! I haven't spoke to him at all for five weeks now and I intend to keep it that way for a lifetime!

Hope everyone have a great weekend!

• Like 2