Reconnected briefly, now what?

FortunateSon

FortunateSon

I dated a woman at the beginning of the year for 2-3 months that I really liked, but I think some timing and circumstantial issues(I was gone traveling a lot, she was drinking a lot) led to us amicably parting. There were no deal breaker issues in our relationship like fighting, infidelity, abuse, etc. We wished each other well and both moved on. There was no contact after we split. I had told her during our brief relationship that I am not a second chance kind of guy after the negative experiences I had with it in earlier, long term relationships.

I have dated quite a bit since, but always had a bit of a soft spot for her wondering what could have been. Last week I sent her a quick text about something we shared a common interested in and wished her well for the first time in 5-6 months . She replied very enthusiastically and we ended up chatting a bit. To my surprise she is not seeing anyone and made some lifestyle changes for the better. She mentioned she dated some one for awhile after me, but the brief description didn't sound healthy(he was a drunk?).

In closing, I put it out there that it would be nice to meet for dinner sometime as after talking I felt I wanted to see her again. She said she thought I didn't do second chances and would "keep the offer in mind" to which I jokingly reply "that sounds like a "no"" She said it was not a "no" but she will "let me know."

I was hoping for a more solid answer than "I'll keep it in mind" and "I'll let you know"...a yes or no would have been nice.

I truthfully would be interested in giving this woman another shot, what's my best move based on what she said?