Ex texting me. Breadcrumbs or something more??

Hi everyone,

My ex broke up with me about a week and a half ago. While the breakup was his idea, it was overall an amicable one. After breaking up, I mentioned that at some point it would be nice if we could be friends. He seemed to like the idea, so we made a plan to go NC and talk again the second week of August. In that time, I've kept to the plan. I haven't texted him, I unfriended him on Facebook (so we couldn't see news feed stuff) and have essentially disappeared from his life since our planning session. He, on the other hand, has begun texting me.

The first one was this past Sunday, where he randomly said he hoped I was doing great and that he was sorry because he knew we weren't technically supposed to be talking.

The second one was two days later, this Tuesday. He sent me an update on a particular job situation that had been going on before we broke up "just to let me know". I haven't responded to him.

It's not that I don't care, it's just that HE'S the one that broke up with ME. Why does he care how I'm doing? Why is he texting me out of the blue to update me "just because"? I don't understand him, and I'm wary of his intentions.

Breadcrumbs. Also, forget about this whole "plan" you two have. Just move on, everything else is a waste of time.

• Like 3

Why is he contacting you? As a guy who's done this myself, I'd say it for the following reasons-

* He's having second thoughts about his decision

* He's horny and is hoping you'll ask him over

* He's getting lonely a bit and "thinks" you are still pining over him which makes his ego and self esteem feel better

* He's missing having that person to share all his daily events with and is using you for that

Ultimately, it's your decision on what to do. He dumped you and you seem ok with it. Why waste each others time screwing around with the situation. You should take charge here. Next time he texts you, reply that you've thought this through and no longer wish to maintain any contact and good luck. Then go NC and move on to someone that rocks your world.

When a relationship incurs a breakup of any kind, they should stay that way. There's NO foundation to build on when you pouring concrete over quick sand.