Will he reach out to me eventually?

Going to cut a very long story short. Me and my ex had only been together for six months but our relationship was amazing. He ended things because he has basically not had any time in which he has been single since his mid teens and is now 21 so wants to somewhat live his life without committment (I know people will say it's probably just an excuse but I genuinely believe him and I know he does love and care for me)

We have been split up almost 7 weeks, and have had periods of NC, however he has been hot and cold about whether things could be rekindled in the future. He told me he loved me and missed me and was thinking about giving it another shot in the first couple of weeks, then we didn't speak for days and he told me he needed to be on his own for now but couldn't tell me what the future held and that he wouldn't necessarily rule it out. More recently, after becoming civil with eachother after me being needy and begging for him back, which I have now stopped as I realise it will push him away more, he has told me he doesn't want me to expect him to come back. After he told me this I accepted it and after a couple of days without contact, I woke up to an apology text message which he had sent in the early hours of the morning, along the lines of - I just want to let you know I am deeply sorry for all the hurt I have caused you over the past month or so. I never meant to hurt you and you know that's the last thing I ever wanted to do, but thank you for agreeing to trying to be civil and mutual about things, I honestly appreciate it xx

There's just something intuitive inside of me that knows we are both unfinished business, with nothing bad having really happened in our relationship. We still have ways of contacting eachother and I guess we will only speak to eachother when and if we absolutely need to.

Do you think he will eventually reach out to me after a few months of not speaking? If it's of any relevance, his friends have recently got into new relationships!

There's just something intuitive inside of me that knows we are both unfinished business, with nothing bad having really happened in our relationship. We still have ways of contacting eachother and I guess we will only speak to eachother when and if we absolutely need to.

I have this same feeling about my ex. And maybe your ex will reach out to you. Nobody can predict the future, so my guess is that nobody will provide the answer for you.

But, I think to make things work you first have to move on and let go. You can not simply get back together and rekindle your previous relationship. It has to be created all over again. See this break up as an opportunity for you to get to know yourself better. You learn so much during this period, and that is only in your benefit.

pidgeon1010

No one can foretell whether he will reach out to you again. He may or he may not. You cannot put your life on hold for someone or something that may never happen. All you can do as this point is to move on. If he decides down the road that he wants you back, you can then also decide whether you want to get back with him. However, do not wait on him to make a decision about you.

My ex sent several apologies for breaking up with me and hurting me, said he missed me, etc. etc. and would send long emails about his day and various topics. Consistently for a month, he emailed daily and I responded. He was fielding potential job offers all over the country and actually once told me the breakup at least shielded me from the roller-coaster of his job search as he didn't know which state he would end up in. LOL YAY ME! One day, I just decided not to respond and went NC. Are we back together? NO. I've been NC for almost 2 months and doing much better. Life goes on! You just have to make the effort to move on.

Edited by pidgeon1010
  • Like 1

I think he will eventually reach out to you to see how you're doing. I don't think he is going to want you back but he will check on you eventually. He is in his early 20s and is right to be single to play the field. Please don't wait on him to come back because his text sounded like he was done with the relationship but definitely thinks you are a great person and he didn't mean to hurt you.