Is he teasing me?

My boyfriend broke things off about four months ago.

We would talk during the day via IM. I know for a fact that I was the only person on his contact list, and of course, he logged off immediately after. He has been offline ever since. (I still have a few friends on there, so I am still on.)

Last week I noticed he was suddenly online again. I thought perhaps he was waving the olive branch, so I reached out and said hello. He engaged with me for about an hour. We had a nice visit and he even went so far as to lament that he's been single since and is unhappy. Even though we both said we enjoyed catching up, he still seemed unaffected. I saw no real sign he was wanting to pursue things with me, so I haven't contacted him again.

Yet he remains online!

I have no idea why he is suddenly there after all this time. It's almost as if he's teasing me!! GRRR!!!!

I know I need to just delete him, and I will. I am just scratching my head as to what his intent was. It bugs me.

Any ideas?

I think you need to ask him, he's the only person who can tell you :)

If he plays games, delete him.

pidgeon1010

I disagree with theredpill. He owes you no explanations. You initiated contact the first time and although he engaged you in conversation, he gave no indication that he wanted you back. You should have deleted him from your contact list so you don't see when he is online. Maybe he is now chatting to someone new? Whatever the reason may be, don't waste your time trying to figure out what he is up to. Move forward.

Why do you assume he is online for you? I agree that if he were online for you after you reached out to him he didn't make a move to get you back even after telling you he is not happy single. This says, to me anyway, that he is searching for a new love. Delete him.

• Author

Perhaps he needed an ego boost - seeing if I'd say hi.

Stupid me - I fell for it. :mad:

Don't beat yourself up over it but from experience, when break up is fresh, people automatically assume the other person (dumpee) is still around for reconciliation. In order for anyone to feel you are gone or get the feeling of missing you, you have to do just that - be gone. Disappear. See how soon he reaches out to you and with what.

And if he doesn't, whatever. Don't wait around.

Perhaps he needed an ego boost - seeing if I'd say hi.

Stupid me - I fell for it. :mad:

It happens to all of us. You've learned. Now, BLOCK him and don't contact him again. It's been 4 months now since the BU.. Hopefully you're good to go and have started dating again. :)