She is ready now

The beginning of this year I met a girl at the gym that was one of the most attractive girls I have ever seen. I had seen her before but for some reason that day I decided to go up and talk to her. We hit it off immediately and decided to exchange numbers and set up a date for later that week. We went on several dates over the next couple weeks and started to develop serious feelings for one another. I had never felt this way about someone so quickly. The problem was when I met her it was terrible timing, she had just ended things with an ex of 5 years a couple days before and hadn't taken the time to deal with this.

We had talked about this several times and she voiced that it was only fair for her to take some time to deal with her break up before she could try things with me. She left it that she hoped I understood and that she could see something special with us in the future but don't feel like I have to wait for her.

Well fast forward to Monday, she text me asking how I was and expressing how much she missed me. She told me how hard it has been to not contact me over the last couple months but she wanted to be 100% ready as she could see this being her last relationship ever. The issue is I just started talking to a girl two months or so ago who is great. I don't want to ruin things with this new girl, but in the back of my mind all I can think about is how this is the perfect one that got away and it was all but bad timing. Just was looking for a little advice on what to do and if someone has had a similar situation in the past, where bad timing caused you to not be with someone?

Thanks,

Edited by Wildcat12

Wow.. that's a tough one for sure. I think you should stay with your current girl and see where that takes you. At the same time, let the other girl know your seeing someone right now and you hate the bad timing. Be friendly and honest so that maybe you can contact her again down the line if the current girl doesn't work out.

• Like 1

Never. Date both of them. You'll be a lot more objective that way, and you'll be far less likely to pick the wrong one.