trying to give my boyfriend a second chance.

me and my boyfriend have been together for almost a year. After i finished my final exams he told me that he had cheated on me a weak ago and he didnt want to tell me before because he didnt want to ruin my performance in my exams. He said it was a huge a mistake, he was drunk and the girl kissed him and she took of both their shirts, he was confused he says. he kissed her back but it didnt last long, he pushed her away a soon as he got conscience of what was going on and he told her never to talk to him again. They werent friends it was just a friend of his friend, he never wanted that to happen. i know he loves me so much, and he was crying while admitting it to me cz he knew i couldnt forgive him. But i did, the problem is i still have doubts and it still hurts when i think about it. I dont know what to do , i want be with him and i know he'll never do anything like it again, i just cant seem to forget. everything was so perfect before this i jut wanna go back to it, hes really trying to make it up to me, and i can see how much its killing him that he hurt me this much. I asked so many things, including if he enjoyed it or wa passionate with her and he didnt I know he was telling me the truth, i just need help if im doing the right thing giving him a second chance, and how to stop feeling this pain. plz help.

Edited by acronym

just right, yes, because you love him, he is sorry so either accept his apology or leave it, only you know if he means it, i thnk he does from what you typed out

a different sort of guy would have been 100% sleazy behind your back and lie about it, your guy is not sooo bad

Edited by darkmoon
Marco Valerio

For some people that's a point of no return. Loosing the trust on your bf/gf means that everything is gone, relationships without trust are impossible.

You should face that if you continue with the relationship you will have to deal with constantly doubts in your mind. It will not be starting from 0, it will be starting from -100.

Just be happy that he was honest with you and give him some credit for that. He could have stayed silent and lied to you but he didn't and has told you he is sorry.

If you can't get over a kiss then you may as well end it now. Relationships aren't easy, there will be lots of tests along the way. You have to build strong foundations to go the distance and if its falling apart over a little stone on the road then just let go now.

I am not saying what he did was right but he is genuinely sorry so see if you can find it in your heart to forgive him then leave it all behind x

• Like 2

Don't fall for his euphemism. He doesn't care enough about you to not take any girl that offers herself. You're still young, break up with him and move on. This guy isn't worth your time.

Yes honestly if he really "loved you" he should be loyal and say no!!! I don't understand why people think it okay to cheat, then come back with their tail between their legs and say they love you, and want forgiveness. He doesn't know what he wants.