How do I respond?!

Well I will try to keep this brief and to the point. I originally met a guy on a dating app and we ended up dating for about a month or so, but for various reasons it just fizzled out.

We haven't spoken now for almost 3 weeks, and since then I signed up to a new dating website and have been talking to/meeting up with different men.

A couple of days ago I received a notification that the guy I had been dating viewed my profile.

I didn't even know that he was on the website and hadn't seen him pop up before then, now I see him on there all the time and he has looked at my profile more than once.

I thought it was kind of strange for him to do but ignored it.

This morning I logged in to find that his work friend had sent me a message. I don't think either of them are aware I know they are friends (I only know through a photo on facebook) and his friend sent me a message without even looking at my profile, so I'm guessing he isn't genuinely interested in dating me. He's only seen my photo and only messaged after my ex has been viewing it.

The conversation has only got as far as 'hi how are you/how's your day been' - but what's the best way to deal with/respond to this situation??

It might just be in my head but I feel like the guy I was dating before is behind the communication.

• Author

Well if I'm honest, I did reply to the message just to see if his friend's aim was to show some genuine interest....either he's really bad at conversation or my intuition was right. The conversation got as far as asking what our plans were for the evening, and his response was simply 'ok cool' with no effort to make any more conversation whatsoever.

I must be missing the point as to why a man would get his friend to message just to have a load of pointless conversation?? :-S

Whatever it is it sounds like a game. Just ignore and move on because it means nothing. Play the game if you like, but you'll probably end up with more questions than answers and I can't see where it would be worth your time and energy. Spend that on a someone that is in to you.