What do I do?

I met this girl 2 years ago. We hung out over the summer, made out a few times but nothing more. She went back to college and we talked on and off for a little bit but nothing came of it. This past summer we started talking again and hanging out. She is amazing and I started getting feelings for her. We hung out a lot for about 3. Things looked as tho we were moving towards being a couples but one day she started seeming a bit distant and I finally found out she still had feelings for her ex. I didn't see this coming as she never acted like there was anyone else. I told her How I felt about her and we decided to stop hanging out for a little. It's killing me and I can't stop thinking about her. I stopped talking to her for a couple weeks and she texted me about something random. I really like this girl and want to see her. Do I try to hang out as friends and see if we can work up to more or do I just keep my distance and see if she contacts me. Any other girl id move on from but she is the most amazing girl I've met. Thanks.

Did she go back to school? You may be her summer romance & she might not want a BF back home while she's at school.

If she still has feelings for her EX, there really isn't much you can do.

I think there's nothing wrong with hanging out with her as a friend. Just be prepared if it won't go well as you expected. Life is to short to not do things that make you happy.