The last thing I wanted to hear from my ex...

Dziggy55

My ex and I broke up a 3 weeks ago after moving to college. We were in limited contact and at one point a week and a half ago she even told me that she missed me in one of our four phone calls since we split up. Today however I got a rather lengthy text from her saying that she doesn't think we will get back together and said that it was not my fault and that we just grew apart and are in a completely new part of our lives. She then said she felt like a bad person for telling me this.

I told her that she is not a bad person and that she's the best person I know and told her that I had a lot of respect for her for being straight forward. She said that she still cares about me and that she would always be there for me if I needed to go to someone. I told her the same. She also said that she would not mind seeing me over break. I didn't give a definite yes or no on this one. I don't know if I could do it. Depends where I would be in the healing process. I agree that getting back together is not in our best interest at least for right now. And I definitely plan on dating other people to see what my options are out there. What I am asking is there ANY chance we could get back together if our lives were to cross again and circumstances are right in the future or is her saying this putting a nail in the coffin of our relationship?

Edited by Dziggy55

Just go NC and stop with the "Ohh but you will always be in my heart"-stuff. You wrote it yourself, no relationship right now. If your paths cross in the future, you'll see if there's something left after a few dates and work from there.

Yes there is a chance but it doesn't sound good right now for two reasons - 1) she told she doesn't want a relationship 2) There is a lot changing and going on with both your lives - I'm assuming you are going to two different colleges. Just keep making yourself awesome regardless of her. It does sound like she cares about you (in your favor) but the physical separation and the huge growth that people go through in college is going to be hard to overcome. Best, CL

College changes people & most college aged people have zero interest in an LDR, hanging on to their high school loves.

At best if you see her on break by accident be polite. If you handle it well & with dignity at your 10 year HS reunion you & she will have a great laugh remembering when.