Dumper wants me, and then he doesn't

Perrilyn

He dumped me, wanted NC, then contacted me a year later saying how much he misses me, admitting he had GIGS but claims that he's mature now and wants to make up for everything that he did. I really did try to ignore him, but I eventually gave in, thinking that he must really mean it if he keeps trying to contact me even though I stopped responding.

We did the friends thing for a month but all of my feelings came back and we slept with each other one night. Now I sensed he's pulling back and not working as hard to earn a relationship with me.

I know it's all my fault. Why would he even want to try harder when I've already shown him that he has me by sleeping with him so soon. I know the best thing to do right now is to pull away, but it's much harder to do than say, especially when I have such intense feelings for him again.

I guess what Im asking is, what would you guys suggest I do in order to gain the strength to walk away? I did so well for the past year by not contacting him, and I was so sure I was over him. Now, I feel like I am back to square one, where Im thinking about him 24/7 and wondering why he claims he still loves me but is not showing that through his actions.

Edited by Perrilyn
evanescentworld

What I would suggest you do, is to pretend YOU didn't write the above post.

Pretend a complete stranger wrote it.

See how you feel for her.

What would you say to her?

What advice could you give, to help HER walk away?

Then - do it.

• Like 1

He's reclaimed his hunter's territory and has the complacency to think it will be there for him regardless of his inaction. show him this is not how it's going to be. he tries to make it work or he loses his prize...end of.

You're worth more than this treatment and have proven to yourself in the year you had, that you can live a life without him...you may have to do it again, but permanently if the answer isn't what you want to hear.