Ended short term relationship

Seraque

Have you guys ever been in a short term relationship that didn't really progress into anything real serious - as in 3-4 months. You liked dating each other, but some things weren't quite right, timing/compatibility etc, but there is a bit of chemistry and all that? We just ended things about a week ago, and he was a little hung up and sounded sad and said we should be friends, but there was some pressure to move things forward at this point and he couldn't commit.

I was fine with it as I saw lots of signs of him not being ready. When he said let's be friends I just said ok. I wasn't a drama queen. Well what do you know a week later (today) he texted to see how my weekend went. UGH trying to keep me on a leash or what?? I don't know what to do at this point. Stay friends w/occasional contact? I don't think this warrants any sort of hardcore NC since I really do like him maybe more as a friend down the road. But I'm kind of afraid of the day he has a gf or something & he was ideal in my eyes in a lot of ways even tho communication wasn't one of them. Did anything like this work out for any of you?

Thanks for letting me rant!

Go nc. He wants to keep you on the backburner for just in case he needs an ego stroke.

You have to do whats best for you and his plan of "being friends" is not favorable to you.

I'm sure he will understand