Thank You Guys

I broke up with my bf of 3 years in May this year and I was really torn up about things as it seemed very out of the blue - I did post on here and had some lovely replies which put things in perspective. I did the NC thing but my main source of friendship comes from a group we both attend. During the times it was inevitable we would be in the same room or at the same function I was polite and treated him as an acquaintance but it was noticable that he would hover around me and try to engage me in conversation. I also went out with my female friends and tried to build a new life for myself on my own which I felt I was progressing at.

Over the last month we have become closer and he has asked for a second chance - I believe everyone deserves a second chance, but for me I am not jumping headlong into anything and I am taking one day at a time.

I am writing this thank you to all as when ever I felt down and low (that was alot of the time) I came on here and read all your stories and advice, this was an enormous source of comfort to me to know I was not alone and that I would make it out the other side. I know now that if my relatiohip fails for a second time then it was never meant to be and although sure I will be upset I won't be devastated and that there is more to me than him and you guys have taught me that.

• Like 3

good luck. its nice when people comes back to share their stories. its also great that you show people that moving on isnt a way to make them stay away but for you to get better , and that wont make them love you less. you are also showing people that youve gotten out of this stronger then you were before and that a person that leaves you doesnt make you beg anymore. keep it up and let him work for it and everything will be okey.

I, too, was a victim of a breakup and somehow found LS later on when researching and seeking advice. Reading everyone's stories and sharing experiences made the world seem a lot smaller when it comes to relationships, so I've been very thankful for all the people here who make LS what it is.

Remember, from this point on, you can only be a wiser and more mature individual. Learning from past experiences (and mistakes) is how we all grow! Good luck!