Not sure what to think

My girlfriend broke up with me 5 months ago. I did everything wrong since then. A few weeks ago I did something stupid and pissed her off. She still wants to be friends even after acting like a stupid needy fool. Any ideas what she could mean?

Basically, we can't tell you exactly what she is thinking but we can only assume. And to assume more accurately, we need to know the relationship better, what do you meant by I did everything wrong since then. A few weeks ago I did something stupid and pissed her off. She still wants to be friends even after acting like a stupid needy fool.

What stupid things did you do? how long was th relationship? Was it a good relationship on a whole? What led to the breakup? What happened a few weeks ago and what's her reaction? Why did you do it? What were her exact words? What's her tone? How do you feel when she said that? What does your gut tells you? Do you want to reconcile?

and any other details, feel free to add.

• Author

Well to start I guess I was needy. Things were great in the relationship atleast I thought so. There wasnt a leadup to the bu so I was k7nda taken by surprise by it.

Were constanly talking and texting for a while then all of a sudden she went cold on me stop resp8nding to text and dint want to be on thee phone, so I put something on facebook about her walking away and it got back to her. She said you had a chance and blew it. She sounded pissed off(I have never made her mad). I felt crushed because I could of had what I wanted but blew it.

I've been lurking on this board and other but never posted and from every4hing I've read and how I feel I still have a chance. I do want her back.

We've been in nc since this happened except for her breadcrumbing me this weekend and giving in.

I do want to add that nc has been the best thig to happen, its allowed me to look at where I messed up and how I could fix them. I never thought that I would say thaT.

My own breakup was over Facebook as well.. so I get what you meant. But it's done, so don't regret what you did. You probably felt it was a safe space for you to vent.

My ex was pretty mad as well when I started to untag him on facebook. I didn't vent publicly but he noticed the missing photos on his page. I felt he overreacted but in hindsight, he was probably hurt. Which is most likely how she felt as well.

Did she initiate the first contact during this NC period? Or did you? What did she say?

• Author

I sent her a picture 2 weeks ago because I knew it would make her laugh. She said it was and that was it. She sent me one last week and I waited to respond a few days and after I did she sent another one in about an hour. I texted her the next day to see whats been new in her life and we kinda caught up a little.

It'll be better if you post this under the breakup section as not many people check the second chance section if you need more insight.

But I don't think you blew a chance. There is no chance, she hasn't indicate to you the possibility of reconciliation. Stick to NC and if she's ready she will give you more than just friends. Also this is why so many posters advised not to break NC if you are the dumpee basically due to this mindset you are having right now. THe doubt and self blame.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

The other night I got home from work and turned on my Xbox to watch a movie, my ex was on and saw me because of the alerts that are sent. I was laying on the couch on my phone when I got a friend request on Facebook from her. I had no intention of accepting it at that time. A few minutes later I jumped on Facebook to see if she really did request me, there was nothing there. As it turns out she has now blocked me. I've just been thinking about it and it's bothering me.

One thing I do know about her is she refuses to be the one that will make first contact( long story having nothing to do with me). I can't help but think this is her way of getting me to start talking again.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
I can't help but think this is her way of getting me to start talking again.

Even if that's what she's trying to manipulate you to do...you do not need to be or act like her trained seal or puppy or whatever. It's a choice you get to make...but you're not compelled to make it.