Broke up, regret it, second chance.

2 months ago, I was in a pretty rattled relationship with my girlfriend. I came to realize was the love of my life. We got together almost 3 years ago. Around 5 months ago in september, things started to get a bit crazy and we had our fights and moments. I realized that in those moments I was an extremely cold person and acted like a complete *******.

Eventually it led up to february and although my spark seemed dead to her, soon after we both finally ended up not responding to each other on messages..

For two months I still thought about her as all I wanted was some space hoping things would heal when I messaged her back. I realized how many times I told her leave me alone and get out of here and I don't want to talk to you. It really hit me just now that she is the greatest person I have ever been with, and I love her more then anything.

I messaged her hoping to fix things but I ended up hearing "we can't it won't work out i don't want it."

The next day I made a collage which was about 8 pages long with pictures and words expressing everything I have ever felt for her and all the things we've done together along with all the great times. She called me, we cried on the phone for a bit and at the end she told me no.. All I wanted was to see her and get a second chance, and make everything perfect again. I am willing to give up everything for her and it didn't happen as I believe she is talking to someone and she does not want to risk anything with me again... I just want her by my side again and do everything for her, but she said she wanted to block me with tears.. and I felt my heart sink and quiver.. Ive never felt like this before and it hurts so bad that I feel like Im not alive and this is just a nightmare.. I teared up and she eventually said I love you and hung up the phone..

I want her back so bad, I love her so much..I don't know what else to do.. please someone help..

Give it time, give her time.

What makes you think you could treat her better and with respect if she takes you back? How about all the get out of here, go away, leave me alone? the space between then and now is not enough time to change your ways. If you get back together now it will happen again. Take time to assess what you want from this relationship, assess how to treat and be treated in a a healthy loving relationship, because i think you are now freaking out and not thinking straight. Time between your relationship, if its a beautiful love should not matter. She also needs space to figure out what she wants, needs, she has a lot of hurt to over come. You have already stated you want her back, you don't need to keep saying it....

Space and Time...

justletgo07

Agreed with above. You have done all you can for now, and anything more will give the appearance that you don't understand the word no. You don't want to be that guy. Panic and desperation aren't attractive.

Unfortunately these sorts of situations don't work out based on how badly we want X or Y to happen. Sometimes we make mistakes or take people for granted or mistreat people and there's no going back. Focus on learning from the situation and what you can do to be a better boyfriend in the future, for her or whoever is next.

Try to be still in the chaos.

I commend you for at least trying. Know that you saw what you felt was right and gave it your 100% when you did.

It doesn't change the outcome, I wish we could turn people's convictions so quickly...but I don't think that relationships work like that. It's something profound that comes from deep inside when it's right - and when it's been crushed, it's got to be profound and deep inside to come back.

Give this time now. Don't let this break you - and don't think that moving on means giving up on love. I'm starting to believe that it means accepting love from whoever the right person is to bring you that in the future...

Believe with balanced measure that she could be the next person you date, but know that she is probably not. I still love my ex, she broke me utterly and yet I hold out that fantasy of reconciliation, we all do - you're not alone in those feelings I promise you.

Get in to some good old NC and take a chair with me. We're going to be sat in it for a while.