It's been 7 months since our first date

Drinkwatermelon

Drinkwatermelon

I went on a first date with this guy about seven months ago. He used to be a regular customer at the coffee shop I work at, because it was located right across the street from where he lived. Towards the end of the summer, he said he was moving a couple cities over and invited me out on a date. I decided to accept because if it didn't work out, I most likely would never see him again.

Our date went fairly well. We had similar outlooks on life. There was definitely a lot of chemistry between us and we never stopped talking throughout the date. We went to a nearby park after dinner to talk some more. He went in for a kiss and soon he started to move down to my neck. I should probably mention that this was my first kiss EVER (I'm 19 and never dated in high school). I was fine with kissing him on the lips but him kissing my neck felt way too personal so I pushed him away. I must've seemed really uncomfortable and he asked if I was a virgin. When I told him I was, he was really nice about it and told me it's great that I've been waiting for the right guy. Our date ended and he tried to kiss me goodbye but I only gave him my cheek. He told me to text him.

A day or two later I texted him thanks for a fun night and that we should do it again soon. After a couple exchanges of texts, I asked him when he was free next and he said he was busy but he'd let me know. I got the hint and never heard from him again.

Last week, he came back to the coffee shop. Our first couple encounters were mostly awkward and minimal conversation. I learned that he moved back on the area. I also learned that he was a barista himself. One day he even came to get a latte while he was on his way to work. Lately, I feel as though he's slowly building up conversation and he's asking me more prying questions like, "So are you keeping busy?" And asking what time I get off work.... He hasn't texted or

Hinted at going out another time yet.

Should I expect him to ask me for a second chance? Why could he possibly want one after all this time? Should I give him a second chance?

Should I expect him to ask me for a second chance?

Oh, he definitely is working up to it.

Why could he possibly want one after all this time?

To see if you're still a virgin.

Should I give him a second chance?

Only if you're looking to lose your virginity to him.

• Author
Drinkwatermelon

Do you you think he is interested in a conquest type way,or does he want a relationship out of it?

Edited by Drinkwatermelon

I have no idea. But you're... what, 19?

How old is he?

Trust me, if he's not much older than you (or younger even!) I hate to break this to you, but 19-year-old virgins are actually a rarity and thin on the ground... some guys view this as a huge challenge and a thing to conquer.

And bear in mind he tried to kiss your NECK on your first date - very forward, very presumptuous, very flirty.

When a guy kisses your neck, which direction do you think he wants to go in?

Up, or down?

• Author
Drinkwatermelon

Really good points!!

He's also 19.. Another thing that stood out during the date was that he asked me how many boyfriends I've had...this was before the kissing incident. I'm not sure if he was just curious or intimidated.. I really hate to sound vain/conceited but I'm a fairly attractive girl lol.

And even after the kissing he invited me to go out and party with him and his friends that same night

Bingo ;)

I think he only sees it as a conquest. If he had been serious about you he would have jumped at the opportunity to be with you the first time.

That is something you will learn as you get older probably. Judgement about someone's true intentions....

Really good points!!

He's also 19.. Another thing that stood out during the date was that he asked me how many boyfriends I've had...this was before the kissing incident. I'm not sure if he was just curious or intimidated.. I really hate to sound vain/conceited but I'm a fairly attractive girl lol.

And even after the kissing he invited me to go out and party with him and his friends that same night

In that case, speaking in emotional maturity terms - he is leagues behind you.

His hormones are raging.

"She's pretty, she's legal and - *WOWZERS!!* Shes a VIRGIN!!"

So he asked how many BFs you'd had, and when you told him, he made his seductive move.... God, the guy is so transparent... really.....:rolleyes:

Tell him, next time you see him, that you have a BF.

He's 35, a stockbroker, and extremely rich.

"So why are you still doing this job then, if he's so rich?" he will ask....

You reply....

"Because I like it, and I'm my own person; I don't sponge off him and he likes that. He respects me, and wants me to go away on holiday with him to the Maldives in August....I met his folks and they're soo nice!"

I swear, you'll never see him again.....:laugh:

I went on a first date with this guy about seven months ago. He used to be a regular customer at the coffee shop I work at, because it was located right across the street from where he lived. Towards the end of the summer, he said he was moving a couple cities over and invited me out on a date. I decided to accept because if it didn't work out, I most likely would never see him again.

Our date went fairly well. We had similar outlooks on life. There was definitely a lot of chemistry between us and we never stopped talking throughout the date. We went to a nearby park after dinner to talk some more. He went in for a kiss and soon he started to move down to my neck. I should probably mention that this was my first kiss EVER (I'm 19 and never dated in high school). I was fine with kissing him on the lips but him kissing my neck felt way too personal so I pushed him away. I must've seemed really uncomfortable and he asked if I was a virgin. When I told him I was, he was really nice about it and told me it's great that I've been waiting for the right guy. Our date ended and he tried to kiss me goodbye but I only gave him my cheek. He told me to text him.

A day or two later I texted him thanks for a fun night and that we should do it again soon. After a couple exchanges of texts, I asked him when he was free next and he said he was busy but he'd let me know. I got the hint and never heard from him again.

Last week, he came back to the coffee shop. Our first couple encounters were mostly awkward and minimal conversation. I learned that he moved back on the area. I also learned that he was a barista himself. One day he even came to get a latte while he was on his way to work. Lately, I feel as though he's slowly building up conversation and he's asking me more prying questions like, "So are you keeping busy?" And asking what time I get off work.... He hasn't texted or

Hinted at going out another time yet.

Should I expect him to ask me for a second chance? Why could he possibly want one after all this time? Should I give him a second chance?

Meh.. I'd forget about him.. and if decide you want another shot, I'd definitely let him do the chasing...

• Author
Drinkwatermelon

Aren't most guys afraid of virgins because they think they'll be clingy? Or could he really be that much or a jerk...

Aren't most guys afraid of virgins because they think they'll be clingy? Or could he really be that much or a jerk...

Not much thought and analysis going on when thinking with the little head.

Simon Phoenix

Not at your age. If anything, they'd take it as an ego boost to "break the seal", so to speak. But yeah, the little head isn't a logical being and does not think about much except how to be happy.