Contact my ex?

Im a highschooler and was in a relationship for 2 and half years. Long story short, it was mostly my failt for the breakup she gave me many chances to fix myself and I didnt. So she broke up with me. 2 months of begging and pleading didnt do crap, sent me a text saying we have ni future together and you were toxic to me. 4 months of NC. 6 months broken up. Shes got a new boyfriend since valentines day.

My question is that should I text her? These past 4 months ive been doing self improvement and im strong mentally and I know she she doesnt miss me. One of my mutal friends told me they were talking about me and what not. So she still talks about me. I know she wont contact me first. To much pride plus a boyfriend. So should I make the first move? I know possible reconciliation wont happen if were not even on a friendly level again. I have nothing to lose but more to gain if I contact her. What do you guys think?

learning_slowly

She's with somebody new and not making any contact after all that time.

Imagine if you put that effort into somebody new, where you don't have all this baggage. I know this might seem harsh, and you may think she's the only one for you, but theres quite a few people living on this planet. Do you think the human species would have survived this long if there was only one person for us?

In my life, I've had the "one" a few times, and its painful whoever ends it, but try to keep your self respect. You'll feel better about yourself when you meet your next love.

• Like 1
  • Author
She's with somebody new and not making any contact after all that time.

Imagine if you put that effort into somebody new, where you don't have all this baggage. I know this might seem harsh, and you may think she's the only one for you, but theres quite a few people living on this planet. Do you think the human species would have survived this long if there was only one person for us?

In my life, I've had the "one" a few times, and its painful whoever ends it, but try to keep your self respect. You'll feel better about yourself when you meet your next love.

Theres a reason why she wont contact me after all this time. I made some pretty crappy tweets about her because I got rejected pretty hard near the beginning of the breakup.2 month post break up. I also wanted to apologize, keep the line of communication open and be friends. Not in the sense of hanging out together but more as just friends in school. I know this alot of effort for one person but in my eyes it seems worth it. Im not completely healed but im healed enough to be able to have normal conversation with her.

Simon Phoenix

You aren't healed and it's not worth it. She dumped you, it's up to her to initiate any contact. And if you were healed enough to have a normal conversation you wouldn't be on here asking for advice. You'd have done it already.

This is a bad idea. Just continue the status quo.

• Like 1
  • Author

Sigh, your completely right. And I never thought of that. If I was healed I would've done it already. Thanks for stopping me. But with our situation and her having a new bf she wont contact. Gonna keep continuing NC. Thanks again.

Simon Phoenix
Sigh, your completely right. And I never thought of that. If I was healed I would've done it already. Thanks for stopping me. But with our situation and her having a new bf she wont contact. Gonna keep continuing NC. Thanks again.

If she doesn't contact it's her loss, not yours.

• Author

She wont contact me, im just gonna do my best to heal and move on. What sucks is we do track together and we have the same friends and they have to go back and forth between us haha. It got to the point where I just told them to talk to her instead cause I dont really care being by myself.

learning_slowly

You should try not to lose friends over it. If they are friends worth having, they won't need to pick a side. You will need friends more now, to go out with and hopefully meet someone new.

• Author

These friends are incredibly loyal to me. They asked if I wanted them to stop talking to my ex, I told them no and the issues we have are our issues and you guys don't need to worry about them. if you genuinely find my ex fun to talk to then by all means go for it. And since the break up I have made many many new friends. Its incredible:laugh:

learning_slowly

That's cool to hear. Enjoy life and forget about what it might have been. The samurai warriors used to have some kind of live in the moment philosophy. I think that's more where you want to try to be.

• Author

I would love to be at that mindset but as of right now im not. Im still not completely over her. We still have alot of awkward "we were something once" eye contact. And boy its annoying. I try my best to brush it off and try my best not to over hear her whenever she talks about her new guy.