out of the blue 3 yrs later

Two days ago, I broke up with my French gf of one year. The next morning, when I woke up I saw that I had received a message on fbook from an american girl I dated for several months in college 3.5 yrs ago. The message read "Im so sorry". A little background...

3.5 yrs ago I dated this black Muslim girl for several months. Although pretty brief, it was a pretty passionate relationship, mainly because it was forbidden (me being a white non-muslim). One day, she told me "we can no longer see each other, talk to each other, etc" I asked for an explanation and she wouldn't give me one, then deleted me off Facebook saying it would help us get over each other. I was crushed cuz I really started developing feelings for her. Over the next couple months she would randomly text saying hey, and I would text back but she wouldn't respond? She also would add me on fbook, then randomly delete me again? About 2.5 years with no contact went by and now this random message.

Dont know what she wants, maybe just apologize? I don't even know how to react or what I should say.

So what was in the message?? Just 'I'm so sorry...?'

That's it!?!?

Huh, what do you want to do?

• Author
So what was in the message?? Just 'I'm so sorry...?'

That's it!?!?

Huh, what do you want to do?

That's all it said! "I'm so sorry" I said what changed? She said I grew up, I wasn't ready for all that but you didn't deserve how I treated you and you deserve a genuine apology. I said appreciate it no hard feelings, hope things are good, you too, etc boom that was it. Just curious what her interest level is (if any) to message me out of the blue like that 3 years later? Or maybe she just wanted to say sorry? Don't know if I should message her back and start a conversation or just leave it. Dunno but kinda strange.