Is he just taking things slow?

Confusedguy1988

Confusedguy1988

So I'll try to make this as short as possible. My ex of over 2 years and I broke up "for good" in february. He jumped into a new relationship 3 weeks later and i warned him to be careful to make sure it wasn't a rebound. He told me it wasn't and over the next month I begged him to take me back. Nothing happened. Another couple weeks went by and we went LC. Nothing really changed.

I couldn't stand it anymore so i finally asked him to stop talking to me. About 4 days later I found out that him and his new guy were breaking up. About 2 weeks later a friend told me that he told them that he missed me. He finally sort of broke NC and asked me a couple questions about our apartment that we both had to finish moving out of. We talked for about a half hour. After that we slowly started texting each other making plans to hangout in the near future.

Finally last weekend we made plans to hang out and then he sort of bailed. I know i shouldn't have but i made kind of a big deal about it so he asked if we could hang out the night before instead. I agreed and we went out with 2 of our mutual friends drinking. Late into the night right before we were going to bed he kissed me and said that he missed me and that he was still in love with me. I told him the same things back. We said we haven't stopped thinking about each other. He brought me to his room (which is very empty) and showed me that he keeps our "memory box" in his closet. I ended up cuddling with him and sleeping in his room. He asked me to stay the weekend. He had work early the next morning and i was worried that the night before was just us being drunk. He txt me a few times while at work saying he wished he could get out of work so he could see me. We watched a movie and cuddled when he got home and we did talk about how things need to change if this is going to work. He had work again the next day and when he got home he was like so i asked my friends if getting back together with you was a good idea and some of them were really excited and others just said we need to work on things if we want this to work I said do you think you're making the right decision? "I think so" was his response. He asked me if i did? I said yes. After that he was pretty affectionate pretty much until I left. He also told me he had been seeing this kid for about a week and that they'd hung out 3 times and he needed to break up with him. He txt me about an hour after I left asking if i got home ok. Didn't really talk much after that. Told him i was going to bed and he said night and called me one of his old nicknames for me. I had a fake dating profile on the site he used and I hadn't looked at it in a while. I figured that i would delete it but i looked at his profile and I saw that he had logged on that day after I left. I ended up keeping mine up for the time.

The next day we barely talked at all. I text him and he took a long time to respond. Then when I finally answered he didnt respond until he was going to bed which was much earlier than normal. We sent a few texts back and forth but that was it. The next day similar situation. None of his texts were sweet or romantic whatsoever. Whenever I would say something cute or sweet he would just disregard it or brush it off. I decided to check his profile one more time and when I went on it was gone. He either deactivated it or deleted it. This made me happy so I decided to delete mine. Yesterday same sort of thing. I decided not text him. He finally text me about 20 minutes before i was getting out of work. He just said that he was drinking with friends (early it was only like 4:30) and that I should be jealous. He text me intermittently and throughout the rest of the day mostly complaining that he was having a bad time. He hurt his foot at some point so before I went to bed I said. "Gonna head to bed night. Hope your food feels better". His response "It doesn't but it will tomorrow". That was the last text i got from him.

Now am I looking too far into things? When we dated he always sent me sweet cute texts and we were in constant contact. We had made plans to hang out this saturday but he has yet to mention it. I don't wanna push too hard as we just got back together last weekend. Is he maybe trying to take things slow? Or is he pulling away because maybe he just realized that getting back together wasn't a good idea?