Weird text from ex

runforafall

OK, so a year after the BU, and a couple of attempts of me trying to win the ex back with her responding with the "I'm confused about us" line, and most recently a couple of months ago where she responded to me telling her how much I missed her and wanted to give things another go with a "thanks for showing me your new place - it hurts me not to say it too" there has been a somewhat interesting development.

She drunk text me a week or so ago asking how I was and if I was out in town. I ignored it at the time but called back a few days ago and we chatted. I mentioned I was "kind of" seeing someone new but that it was just a casual thing and I didn't see it materialising to anything long term. She didn't seem at all bothered on the call by this revelation, and on the contrary, even seemed happy for me.

However, a few days later, she sends me this text:

"OK so I find it weird you seeing someone new, guess thats normal. I facebooked her of course, she's really pretty. You might want to delete some of the pics of me from your profile though."

What on earth am I meant to make of this? There are a few pics of her in my photos (we were together for a few years, so that's natural) but they are completely innocuous and there are only a few of her and I together in other innocuous-looking shots.

The thing with the new person is casual, and both new person and I are OK with this. I would love another shot at things with the ex. Do I respond to her text? How do I play this?

Ex has been single since the BU btw, she's been on a few dates but said she didn't really fancy any of them.

friend zone. she wasn't bothered by your info because she sees you as a friend.

if a guy friend told you "hey that chick you're bangin is pretty cute, but you should delete the pics of your ex girlfriend in case it weirds her out" would you think twice about it?