Stupid to want her back?

wysiwyg6000

My girlfriend and I broke up about 14 months ago after a year and a half long relationship. I absolutely loved her to pieces (and still do) and thought that she was the one, but then our relationship soured after about a year and things went downhill fast afterwards due to a combination of various things. I haven't heard from her or contacted her since. I checked out her Facebook profile about 5 months ago and saw that she was with someone else, which really devastated me. Ever since, I've been wanting to get her back more and more because I remember how wonderful she used to be, but then I remember how lousy she was to me at the end and tell myself how stupid I must be for wanting her back again. I have a whole letter written up to send to her right now, but am ambivalent because I know what her feelings are on couples breaking up and getting back together again (something along the lines of if it didn't work out the first time, why would you get back together again in the future).

I almost feel like I'll regret not contacting her and never knowing what would have happened as opposed to contacting her and getting shot down. Has anyone ever been in the same situation? Did you win your ex back? All I'm trying to do is to start a dialogue to see if we can try to resolve our differences with the perspective of time apart being taken into account now.

Edited by wysiwyg6000

It's hard when you realize you still want someone after breaking up. And you wouldn't really know whether it's good to get back with her unless you try.

I wouldn't advise sending her that whole letter you've written up. Maybe an innocent "Hi" or "How are you doing?" would be a good start.