Help me get her back!! Please! (First Time User)

I dated my girlfriend for 2 years and during that time everything went great. I had been in a few relationships before and had been cheated on. Since I was her first boyfriend I knew I had to becareful and not hurt her. Towards the end of the 2nd year, my feelings began to change, another girl whom I was friends with had recently come back from school and was living in the same city as me. Although we were not very close friends, we always connected and I became very interested in her because I got such a warm feeling when I was around her. Sounds corny I know! But somehow I thought I could just ignore my girlfriend and try to warm up to the "other girl". Well I began to ignore her and become bored with my girlfriend eventhough I never had the courage to ask the "other girl" out, because somewhere inside of me I knew it wouldn't work. (Yes I know call me crazy, but I had to try it) So since November I haven't had a date with my girlfriend, although we have talked on several occasions. She got the message eventhough it was Very hard on her and I admit I was a REAL JERK, I ignored her and didn't tell her my feelings and ignored even her birthday. Over the next 4 months I never did really hang around the "other girl" that much our schedules didn't jive and I began to notice that we really never had that much in common, (we actually never dated, we always hung out in groups of friends)

In March the "other girl" started dating someone, which really brought me down to earth and I realized that I had spent all this time chasing after nothing. I lost my girlfriend on the count of "wondering about dating someone else". She was the best thing that ever happend to me and I totally blew it.

I have talked to my ex many times over the last 3 weeks, I send her cards and flowers to let her know that I am sorry. I want her to realize that I am sorry and that I do miss and love her. She is very reserved when we talk and doesn't call when she says she will. I hope I haven't blown it, I LOVE HER and have need all the help I can get with this one. How do I get her back!!!

Please!! Let me know!

Give your ex-girlfriend a break and let her go. It sounds you just don't get the buzz with her and the reason you want her back or think you love her is because you are lonely because it didn't work out with the 'other girl'.

You should try and learn from this and not pursue something that isn't right and then keep it until you stray.

Oliver

[color=indigo]

You wanted your cake and to eat it too and got left with nothing. So as a result, you want your ex-girlfriend back? That's not love. That's realizing you are alone and desperately trying to fix what you broke.

True love doesn't cause you to stray from the one you supposedly love and chase after another person. Love doesn't cause you to ignore the one you love and hurt them. Love evokes feelings of closeness and warmth and doesn't lead to the kind of behavior that you have exhibited.

Move on and spare your ex-girlfriend from any more pain and suffering. Date around and you'll know you're in love when you'd jump through flames to be with the object of your affection.

[/color]