The movie Swingers...

If you haven't yet, you need to watch the movie Swingers to help you cope...

Mike: So what's the difference?

Rob: There is no difference right now. See, Mike, the only difference between giving up and not giving up is if you take her back when she wants to come back. But you can't do anything to make her want to come back. In fact, you can only do stuff to make her not want to come back.

Mike: So the only difference is if I forget about her or just pretend to forget about her?

Rob: Right.

Mike: Well that sucks.

Rob: Yeah, it sucks.

Mike: So it's just like a retroactive decision, then? I mean I could, like, forget about her and then when she comes back make like I just pretended to forget about her?

Rob: Right. Although probably more likely the opposite.

Mike: What do you mean?

Rob: I mean at first you're going to pretend to forget about her, you'll not call her, I don't know, whatever... but then eventually, you really will forget about her.

Mike: Well what if she comes back first?

Rob: Mmmm... see, that's the thing, is somehow they know not to come back until you really forget.

Mike: There's the rub.

Rob: There's the rub.

Great movie. Best parts:

1. "Mikey's all growns-up now" :lmao:

2. The end when he's on the phone is great. I won't say anything more than that for those who haven't seen the movie and are going to run out and grab it.

3. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is basically the whole soundtrack. Can't beat that.

Just Visiting

I have this movie and it is a great reminder of how to get on with life after a break-up....you just never know who you might come across in the process. ;)