His "bestfriend"

liquidmalisha

liquidmalisha

Yeah, I'm sort of the jealous type... and I'm not sure if I'm just being too jealous over this or if I should be a little worried.

(*'s to protect privacy)

My boyfriend Tom of over a year, has gone out with his ex's bestfriend before. That wasn't pretty at all. So to clear that up, he went out with Stacy* (who was emotionally abusing him), and dumped her for her best friend Rachel*. Now I'm afraid he's going to do that to me. Rachel had a bestfriend, Tanya*, who Tom obviously met through Rachel when they all hung out one day. Well things didn't work out between him and Rachel, so they broke up. Him and Tanya are still REALLY close friends, but now he's going out with me. (Tom and I go to the same school, and all those people I mentioned above go to a different school than Tom and I, but they all go to the SAME different school)

See what I'm afraid of, is that the only reason why Tom and Tanya never started going out was to protect their reputations. What I think is that they agreed not to go out because then Rachel would start to tell everyone how Tom would ditch his girlfriend for his girlfriend's bestfriend, and also tell everyone how Tanya broke the "never go out with your best friend's boyfriend rule". So since Tom and I go to the same school, he decided to go out with me until it's safe to out with Tanya.

I'm too paranoid aren't I? :( If anyone actually followed that and read this far, please help me.

First...let me post the definition of FRIEND...this was sent to me by a true friend.....bear with me, -and smile/laugh wherever you feel it's appropriate:

True Friendship

Are you tired of those sissy-ass "friendship" poems that always sound

good, but never actually come close to reality?

Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship:

1. When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you finally got laid.

4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well again because I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

This is my oath..... I pledge it to the end.

"Why?" you may ask....

Because you are my friend.

Remember.......A good friend will help you move.....a REALLY good friend will help you move a BODY.......let me know if you ever need me to bring a shovel.

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only YOU can feel the true warmth.

(Smile)

Now....I have read your post and it appears as if Tom is no one's friend, given the (A-hmm!) criteria of true friendship.

He simply isn't in it long enough to make a true friendship or much of anything else, either...except a mess of ppl's emotions.

He sounds self-serving, shallow, and manipulative.

Although, (as I mentally review his fast-moving history with women) he obviously values human contact.

Get your name off his 'friends list'.

-Rio