overwhelming sadness

scobro

I had a really tough time this weekend for some reason I had this overwhelming surge of sadness come over me like I missed my ex the person and not the relationship.I saw her Thurs maybe thats why but damn this has been the worst since I moved out.I hope this doesn't happen too often,does this happen a lot to you guys?

Funny, I saw my ex on Thur as well. A bit unexpected, a bit bizzare, and a lot like a bad soap opera experience.

I only felt disbelief and anger. I was so pissed whole Fri until Fri night when my friends put it into perspective for me and I though it was actually quite funny. I feel no sadness anymore.

But it has been longer for me than you. Hope it gets better for you! I think it is a natural process we all go through. As long as you are aware of it (meaning not in denial), you are on the right way.

I've read your posts, your outlook on things and active approach are great!

Hi.

I've been reading your threads. You've done really well trying to move forward. Keep it up.

When I went through something like this, the hardest part was when I started questioning myself and missing the person - Just the way they are, what they think, etc. I held tough, and took one day at a time.

It's not fun and there are days where I still get down about it, wondering if I'll hear anything, and if I do, will I respond, and blah, blah. In reality, I'm not going to hear anything, and even if I did, it would have to be pretty amazing for me to respond, and then, the cycle might begin again... So, in other words, it isn't going to happen.

Every day that goes by will get a little better.

It's ok. You can do this. Try to find something else to do. I clean, work out, go for a walk, call a friend...and pretty soon I stop thinking about it.

Reader

chocolate_boy
I had a really tough time this weekend for some reason I had this overwhelming surge of sadness come over me like I missed my ex the person and not the relationship.I saw her Thurs maybe thats why but damn this has been the worst since I moved out.I hope this doesn't happen too often,does this happen a lot to you guys?

Yeah after I've seen her, this weekend after seeing her yesterday I feel like I've gone back a few weeks in getting over her.

It does set you back and its awful, but apart from being a recluse in your own home, there's a chance you will meet ocassionally. I just hope one day I can be strong enough to not be bothered by it.

strongwillpwr

It's been a little over 2 months since me and the ex broke it off for good. Have had absolutely NC since then...

I was doing pretty well the last coupla months, until about Nov 2nd...

On Nov 2nd, I did something stupid and logged into her Kodak photo site when I was bored at work one day...I then saw pictures of her hugging and kissing the guy she cheated on me with at an event that she went to the day after our heartfelt/emotional final breakup..they looked nice and couple-like..it made me feel like the two or three months we spent in the summer trying to figure things out was just me standing in *their* way.

so now i get a little irked with the images of them together...but that feeling is fading away, and I'll hopefully be back on track soon...