weird feeling

healthyhopes

I just need to vent!! I don't want to seem weird and tell my friends about this

Nothing serious at all, I just dated a guy for a short amount of time before he told me he didn't want a relationship and only wanted to hook up (he said he didn't have time, and then later said he has commitment issues and doesn't think he will ever have a girlfriend).

We've talk as friends sometimes but it still feels kind of weird.

I didn't think much of it and was like completely over it until tonight.

Tonight, I went to a small concert with friends and he was there. We ignored each other the whole time (?) and he hovered around this one girl he always hovers around (she follows him around too) who has a boyfriend (she hangs with him more than she hangs with her boyfriend, it seems). I'm starting to think back and wonder if he always ignores me when he's around her?

I just feel really weird. I am pretty much over it but it just hurts knowing that this dude pretended to be so interested in me, initiated EVERYTHING, listened to all my stories and jokes, only wanted me for sex (which he didn't get), and is completely capable of handling a real, close, friendship relationship with someone else. I'm also now thinking that because of their degree of closeness, he might have something for her at the same time. It just feels weird and I feel gross. I never wanted anything to do with this, as he initiated everything and I had thought that I could reciprocate.

I know this has nothing to do with me but I can't help but feel weird and gross. I haven't had a boyfriend/girlfriend type of relationship for years and I feel like I don't need it-- until I get a taste for it-- and then I really, really miss it. I thought he was someone I could at least talk to but evidently I was wrong.

Edited by healthyhopes

Don't waste time thinking about this guy. He's not worth it. There are plenty of guys who don't just want a hook up, and who don't spend their time chasing girls who have boyfriends.