LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

What's wrong with me?

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

Old 28th September 2017, 9:30 AM   #1

What's wrong with me?

Hello LS,

Been a while... i haven't felt the need to vent or moan for a while. Life's busy, i'm in a good place, physically and mentally, i'm in charge of my life right now.

So why am i here... well there's 2 parts to this:

Part 1:
Relationship wise - I'm on good terms with Ex2 - she's in a good place as well. She understands why we had to end and why it wasn't right at the time.

I've been dating other girls, some good ones, some bad, slept around more than I care to admit. I'm attracting women and having fun generally...

One girl is fit, fun, lively and very keen on me... but I am keeping her at bay emotionally, i've been honest and said i can't do a relationship right now.

Despite a lot of these girls being cute/funny/smart - a lot of very good relationship candidates - i'm just not really bothered. i'm cold, even to myself about getting involved.

I'm afraid i've cut myself off emotionally. Any advice?

Part 2:

TODAY... i've f**ked up and broken at least 6 months of no contact with Ex1 and looked her up on facebook. (The one that really crushed me about 15 months ago).

There's not much to see... except a few pictures of her and what looks like a new BF away in Barcelona together.

Annnnnd It HURT... it's been so long people!. I've done all sorts this last year. Got myself in to a good place from a very deep dark and depressing hole, yet it really just got to me.

Lesson learned - don't break no contact to look up an ex. (Again!)

Lesson not learned - how to fully let her go?!?!?!

Is part 2 the reason for part 1?...

Advice?

Thank you

Last edited by BrokenHeartedMan89; 28th September 2017 at 9:35 AM..
BrokenHeartedMan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 11:50 AM   #2
Established Member

Maybe getting your feelings hurt a 2nd time will be the impetus you need to get over # 1.

Why not give yourself a break? Stop trying to force connections when you are not yet fully healed. Something is holding you back.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote