LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

Blessing my ex's new marriage

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th September 2017, 1:18 PM   #16

I'm glad someone else understands.

It seems many think I should keep holding a grudge for her doing something wrong. As much as I would have liked to work things out , I know that this was the only way she thought she could be happy so I'll let her be happy and wish her the best.
RickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 1:32 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyT View Post

It seems many think I should keep holding a grudge for her doing something wrong. As much as I would have liked to work things out , I know that this was the only way she thought she could be happy so I'll let her be happy and wish her the best.
I've also accepted this about my ex. His new relationship may or may not work out. If he thinks that's what he has to do to figure himself out, so be it. It's his own battlefield. I still love him from the years we spent together and want him happy. I'm not going to wait for him either. With NC, I'm living as if things are working out for him and enjoying the freedom I've gained from the breakup
CeciliaCylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 6:24 PM   #18
Established Member

Journal Entries: 2
Quote:
She had a small tattoo on the back of her neck and he took her to get it touched up and apparently had his initials put there too. No this isn't normal it's very abnormal for a 46 yo woman to get a mans initials on her neck after 4 months or a year or 5 years. Anyone knows How stupid that is. Which makes me think she just out of her head right now. 4 months ago she would have thought anyone doing something like that was foolish.

i know how stupid a neck tattoo is i did the same thing only i got his full name on the back of my neck......my neck tattoo was more a punishment to myself for failure......it was my first tattoo and my last...i actually am not a fan of tattoos.people get tatts for different reasons sometimes it is too hide scars....and other times it is to create a visible one or simply because they like tattoos....the reason why she chose to get a tatt it is unique to her..... ..deb
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 6:49 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:

RickyT, from reading your posts, I have the sense that you're a really great guy! I am so sorry for all you're going through. As hard as it is for you, just want you to know I believe there is someone wonderful out there for you! I hope when you find her you'll come back and post about it here.

Your ex has lost a great guy and I'll be surprised if she's found the love of her life...it can happen in those circumstances, but it's rare...
LivingWaterPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 7:09 PM   #20

Yes it is very tough and I appreciate everyone's kindness and support.

It's amazing how I think I'm doing just fine and something will trigger instant heartache out of the blue.

A woman sent me a pic of her, her son and daughter a fe hours ago and instantly reminded me how close me the ex and our daughter used to be. Exploring life and the world together.
Old 25th September 2017, 7:15 PM   #21

Sorry bout that neck tattoo @adreaminblue hope you got that worked out ok
Old 25th September 2017, 7:35 PM   #22
Established Member

Journal Entries: 2
Quote:
Sorry bout that neck tattoo @adreaminblue hope you got that worked out ok

i still have the tatt but the reason i got it.....thats long gone......cant win 'em all....and sometimes giving up the fight is actually winning...thanks for your kindwords...you will make it my friend...you have heart to share...keep that heart beating.....deb
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote