Rebound or what ?

toomanyquestions123

toomanyquestions123

Hey all, You can read my previous thread about the broken engagement i faced 2 months ago & how I am dealing with the brutality of it. But i am here for another subject. Before breaking up with ex-fiance, i went with a friend to a party & i met someone that he instantly liked me. My friend told him i was engaged & he backed off. When he knew that i broke up, he immediately contacted me. I remember we went on our first date on my birthday, my birthday was really sad this year because my break-up was fresh but this guy really made it up to me, he reserved in a fancy restaurant & he brought me a fancy gift ( first date ). Then we went out 4 times after this date 2 of them were full-day dates. He was offered to travel as an expat & work abroad to a nearby country & one night before he asked me to go out to say goodbye. He promised me he will take things slowly & he wants me to get over my ex baring in mind that i have told him that i cant go into a new relationship now. He told me he will take it as slow as i want & that he really likes me. Before taking off in the plane he called me & told me we will stay in touch. That was 4 days ago, he didnt contact me yet. He told me before that he is not an emotional guy & he is working on it & not to take it personal if he did smth wrong. Any opinion about this?

Hey all, You can read my previous thread about the broken engagement i faced 2 months ago & how I am dealing with the brutality of it. But i am here for another subject. Before breaking up with ex-fiance, i went with a friend to a party & i met someone that he instantly liked me. My friend told him i was engaged & he backed off. When he knew that i broke up, he immediately contacted me. I remember we went on our first date on my birthday, my birthday was really sad this year because my break-up was fresh but this guy really made it up to me, he reserved in a fancy restaurant & he brought me a fancy gift ( first date ). Then we went out 4 times after this date 2 of them were full-day dates. He was offered to travel as an expat & work abroad to a nearby country & one night before he asked me to go out to say goodbye. He promised me he will take things slowly & he wants me to get over my ex baring in mind that i have told him that i cant go into a new relationship now. He told me he will take it as slow as i want & that he really likes me. Before taking off in the plane he called me & told me we will stay in touch. That was 4 days ago, he didnt contact me yet. He told me before that he is not an emotional guy & he is working on it & not to take it personal if he did smth wrong. Any opinion about this?

So you met this guy while being with your ex fiance?

fieldoflavender

He sounds like he has promise. Maybe just take it slowly. You have to ask within yourself if he's a rebound or not. I'm in a similar situation but giving it time too. I think the fact that we are even interested in other people is a sign too that we are starting to move on - if we are not just jumping into a relationship with ANYONE.

• Author
toomanyquestions123
So you met this guy while being with your ex fiance?

I met his 1 week before we broke up but i didnt pay attention to him because i was still in a relationship. When i broke up, he talked to me & then we started dating. This guy has been like a therapist to me haha, i cried twice in his presence, talked about how hurt i am from my ex-fiance, and how scared I am to jump to a new relationship.

• Author
toomanyquestions123
He sounds like he has promise. Maybe just take it slowly. You have to ask within yourself if he's a rebound or not. I'm in a similar situation but giving it time too. I think the fact that we are even interested in other people is a sign too that we are starting to move on - if we are not just jumping into a relationship with ANYONE.

He is taking things way too slowly haha to the extent that days pass & he doesnt call. Yesterday he texted me from where he is working now & told me that he misses me & that's it. Way too slow :p but i really dont mind, i still want to go out with a lot of ppl before i start a new relationship. I am not gonna hurt myself again.

• Author
toomanyquestions123

So today i have a second first date with another guy, this guy i used to know him when i was like 16 years old, so last time i have seen him was 11 years ago & he turned out to be a very good-looking guy, very fun. We have been texting and talking on the phone for the last past days. He told me today that he feels that we will click.I am looking forward for this one because i can see that we can indeed have fun together. No rush for anything, girls just like to have fun :)

• Author
toomanyquestions123

Date went really bad HAHA, i thought the guy was really fun until i went out with him yesterday, i got bored, he told me i can feel you are not over your ex yet, told him of course i am not yet doesnt mean i am not ready to date. I didnt like his personality. I was not attracted to him but i might give him another shot.

Edited by toomanyquestions123