Ex to be surrogate mother

deepinthewoods

deepinthewoods

So my life seems to continually get weirder and weirder...

I found out recently my ex of 1.5 years (we share a 2 yo daughter), is in the process of becoming a surrogate. She hasn't told me yet, though we see each other regularly and are on pretty good terms. We stay at each others homes (different towns) for kid visits, and obviously have boundaries, but have pretty open communication and relations.

I'm just not sure how to feel about this one. How will it affect us and our daughter? How will it feel to see her belly full with someone else's child? Some parts of me are fine with it, though I do still have feelings for her and have been really upset over the breakup, as I really put everything I had into it and wanted it to work. I've been holding out for ages for her, as our relationship issues were fairly basic and totally workable, in my opinion. I'm not sure if can see myself being supportive through this for her, and have known that more separation is needed for my own wellbeing. I guess this is just one more indication.

I am also looking at relocating closer so we don't have to share homes as much, and my daughter will start having overnights with me at some point, so separation will be easier. Still hard though, as we have a decent family life together.

On the plus side, she's not knocked up by the next guy in her life, so that makes it easier. I think she knows that she's not capable of having a healthy relationship, and so is going to bypass it so she can keep having babies. I think her time would be better spent in therapy to figure out why she can't do relationships, but it's out of my hands now.

Anyways, just thought I'd share, it's a new one for me...

CautiouslyOptimistic

This has absolutely nothing to do with you, so the only way it should affect you at all is if your daughter asks you questions about it. You and your ex wife can discuss how you want to answer those questions as she starts to show, if this is indeed true.