A Goodbye Letter To Soothe The Coping Soul

SixxChick

I am taking a chance here by not posting this in the No Contact Thread. But I didn't want it to get buried. The Mods can do what they want with it. But I hope it can help someone else who scratches their head wondering why they are mourning a toxic person. Here goes:

What is it about you? Everybody in my life has told me that I dodged a major bullet by eliminating you from my life. Now, after two years, you still occupy an iota of space in my brain? Why is that? Here is why.

You told me everything a woman desires to be told. It captivated me to the point where my common senses went into a vast void. It was so apparent that I was the rebound girl when you were not even divorced yet from my law school colleague. I hired you, as a professional, to do a job, but your depression prevented you from doing even that. I watched client after client fire you, while all the while I tried to prop you up. I even got you a free appointment with my distinguished doctor who prescribed meds to you, at only $25 a month. One month later, you said you couldn’t afford it. What was my first instinct? Pay the $25. But, I stopped myself. It was in that moment that I determined that I cannot save someone who is not willing to help himself.

When I turned off the money machine, you were gone. It’s a wonder your $7,000 balance is down to almost $2,000. I guess I have that going for me. I strong-armed you into paying me back. But not without a pathetic struggle. When you lost your house, you stood in my kitchen begging and pleading with me. You said that you didn’t know what the F you were going to do, you had nowhere to turn, your own family wouldn’t help you, and that you would pay me $200 a week to stay with me. The red flags should have been HUGE. I even fed you and kept your favorite beverages stocked in my fridge. I didn’t pressure you when you got so behind. When I gave you a due date, you were gone. No “good-bye,” no “I’m sorry,” no “thank you.” I didn’t even get a “Have a Nice Life.” That’s why you are no hero in my mind.

You have two young children who are out of control. Another no-brainer there. They are self-admitted problem children. Boy-oh-boy, did I get a taste of that. The thing is, you put your own selfish interests first and still do not have the capacity to put a roof over their heads. Time’s a wastin’. You will never get those years back with your kids. I tried to tell you that, but all you told me was how negative I was. I hope that if a man does to your daughter what you did to me, you will kick his sorry ass to the curb and beyond.

I guess the moral of this story is, I have a big heart. At least that’s what all of my friends tell me when I ask them why they think I am a smart woman. Because, apparently, I was an ignoramus to give as much as I did and for so long with you. You have jaded my outlook on relationships. You have made me realize that there are people like you who make the planet a crappier place. Somehow, despite all of this, I feel strong. And I’m on a site like this where good people can relate to the crap you spoon feed and believe.

I hope that this good-bye letter helps someone else. Because, when the balance is going to be paid in full on 6/1, you are finally gone. I don’t know if I will remain here on this site. But what I do know is that my conscience is clear. I only wanted the best for you, and I proved it. If I do stick around, your ex/ex’s will probably be posting on this site at some point too.

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...