Pyschological tips and tricks

BryanSmiley

BryanSmiley

There’s probably something similar already but what the hell, I thought it’d be good to collate together some psychological tips and tricks for recovering from a breakup.

Tell and remind yourself of these things;

- They didn’t convey the issues in a mature way to afford the opportunity to work on things – there key issue, not yours.

- The issues you put up with, pushed to the back of your mind, but looking back – are relieved to be without now.

- Significantly reduce or even remove, hope of reconciliation. Holding onto this keeps the pain alive.

- They will have times of regret for being apart, and will likely contact you but you will be strong and averse to all but serious efforts to reconcile.

- You’re going to use this ‘opportunity’ to do some selfish self indulgent things you're enabled to do, be free, catchup with people you’ve drifted from.

- Flirt, rekindle a casual relationship after some time, look forward to the future that will hold a better person and relationship for you.

- Remind yourself that even if you did x, there would likely be some other issue that would have ended things one way or another.

- Follow up contact will most likely not assist in better closure of chances of reconcile. It’s likely to aggravate rather than help.

- It takes 2 to mend things, and any effort on your part when not returned, is largely wasted energy.

Feel free to question, add to, share some similar ones. I personally am constantly reminded of an ex at work, after not seeing her for a week it shot right back seeing her this morning and my mind is going round and round what happened again. It’s good to list out the tips and tricks that help shut off these negative worries and try to get thoughts onto healthier more positive paths.